Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bucman™®

Does anyone play in A flag football League?

4 posts in this topic

7-7 Flag football is somewhat big here in Tampbay and i'm always looking for some advice on Good plays. I just started a team, and was wondering if its as big down here as it is whereever ya'll live?

We have Dan Marino jr. as our QB. Throw it deep and often.

Another key is to have your line man (if you play one or two) drop back and allow the safety or LB to blitz. Most QB's do not look for that.

This is the first year I haven't played. We won state 4 years in a row, and they still play, or they had signed up originally. I have a kid on the way, so I'm working as much as possible.

A few plays that work well...

Wrong Ball Play: Have the center get down (has to be first play of posession) look at the ball and say WRONG BALL and sidesnap it to the QB (a legal snap), the QB then looks at it and says **** man, wrong ball and throw it to a guy near the sideline. He catches it and looks at it like it's the wrong ball then takes off. It's worked every time we've ran it. Has to be a furnish your own ball league, which is what the one here is.

A lot of short routes with pitches. We run several hook and ladder plays where the outside WR comes across the middle with the opposite slot guy running the ladder portion. Have the center follow the ladder guy as a pitch man.

Triple QB. Have a center, with two wideouts at the sidelines behind the QB and the QB in the shotgun, he then throws it backward to the WR whom then throws back to him if no one is open or downfield if there is a man. You really need 3 guys that can play QB to run this.

Center option. You must run a 2 blocker scheme. The Qb is again in the shotgun. The center snaps it and goes out for a 5-8 yard hook route. Both blockers stay home until the ball is in the air to the center. Once the center catches it, he pitches to whichever blocker he chooses. The WR's on both sides follow their respective blocker as pitch men.

You need to have a guy following on every pass as a pitch man, whether it's a WR, blocker, the center, etc. This gives you an option on every play. Don't run routes only, you must run with a pitch man on every play.

Our primary QB was the starting QB at Presbyterian College for 4 years. Our other 2 WR's/QB's were also college QB's at community colleges as well as being on the national championship intramural college flag football teams when they were there. I play WR or blocker primarily because we run the center option a lot and I play WR in goal line sets for jump ball purposes. You need an athletic team to run the plays we run. We are a speed team and we run a lot of timing routes, which is what you need in flag football. Don't try to run an offense like you'd run with 11 men because it's not going to be successful. You have to run a lot of catch and pitch plays and a lot of option type plays to be really successful on offense.

I'll try to draw you up something when I get home, but I'm at work right now.