DeMario Pressley

i liked him but i thought he was more of a 3-4 DE. in any event i remember reading lots of posts about how stupid we were because we didnt pick him and that the saints got a steal by selecting him in the 5th round. well he is now out for the season after having surgery on his foot because an injury to his right ankle/foot never healed properly and i think he may have re-injured it. what a strange coincidence it is that we passed on him over and over and now he is out for the season with a previously known medical problem.

i guess the falcons management might know more than some people on this message board after all. now isnt that a relief?

there are a few people i have in mind here that were tearing the FO a new one during and after the draft, some specifically mentioning pressley. so why dont you guys take a bow. you know who you are.

props again TD.

I thought Pressley's injury in college was a knee, but could be wrong about that. Either way, injury concerns are what dropped him to the 5th IMO, and that probably one of the reasons we passed on him. We really couldn't afford to be taking anyone with very much injury history given our lack of depth and how much we are going to rely on the guys we did draft. I think that's one of the reasons we did pass on Dorsey. If there had been no injury concerns with Dorsey, I think it is very possible that we would have gone that way instead of Ryan. Agree with you that it was a good call to pass on him.

Naw.... i wanted

6'5 335lbs RT/G Brandon Keith

and

6'5 341lbs RT/G Carl Nicks

Both had off the field trouble but trust me....... both was steals if their teams can make sure they stay out of trouble

DeMario Pressley fractured his foot on the third day of training camp.....

This does not mean that he would have injured his foot if we drafted him

Naw.... i wanted

6'5 335lbs RT/G Brandon Keith

and

6'5 341lbs RT/G Carl Nicks

Both had off the field trouble but trust me....... both was steals if their teams can make sure they stay out of trouble

This does not mean that he would have injured his foot if we drafted him

im not saying he would have injured it if we had drafted him. but the reason he reinjured it, from what i understand, is that it never healed properly. that is what sean payton himself said, and now he is out for the year. that is as big a red flag as they come because this is what happens. it gets re-injured because without it getting re-injured and then corrected it will never properly heal.

and just for the sake of conversation you werent one of the people i had in mind when i made my comment about people ragging on the falcons about this. we all do it but this time i was compelled to at least bring it to some people's attention. and yeah some people didnt even like him that much, but a lot of people were baffled by us passing on him. the point of this thread was to kind of bump this idea back up and shed some light on why we might have done it.

and i have to say... thats a big "if" as far as nicks and keith staying out of trouble. i dont remember what keith did but i remember nicks got busted at that party. a lot of people said that wasnt a big deal but clearly there was a history there and it was just the last straw. otherwise it wouldnt have been as big of an issue as it turned out to be... pushing him to what, the 6th round?

anyways. i just wanted to bump this up because i saw it on ESPN or something on the bottom of the screen and it just made me chuckle about how so many people had convinced themselves that this kid would be such an amazing steal and that our FO was stupid for passing on him. that kind of stuff just never gets old. NC State DT's never seem to have success in the NFL though, and it seems like that trend will continue.