Someone Asks ESPN's Correspondant About Shockley Playing

formul8or

Carlos in Lexington writes: I was wondering what you thought of DJ Shockley's chances of getting any play time for the Falcons. I'm thinking that since Matt Ryan was drafted, his shot at playing for them is over, but I'm also thinking that his chances of pl for another team are just as low. Do you think he still has a shot at playing in the NFL?

Pat Yasinskas: I saw Shockley in Atlanta's camp over the weekend and he looked pretty good. He's coming back from injury, but appears to be healthy. He's a long shot to stick with the Falcons because they likely want to surround Ryan with the experienced Joey Harrington and Chris Redman. If there's not a place in Atlanta for Shockley, that doesn't mean his career's over. He has as much talent as some potential No. 3 quarterbacks out there. If he can showcase his ability in preseason games, he could land in a situation where he'd have a legitimate shot at a No. 3 job.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there ya go, he is as talented as most #3 QB's in the league.

espn guy talkin bout falcons. you know those are the same guys who said we are going 1-15, and we are suppose to believe them? I go to real fans for advice on TC, because they care bout this team, and not following propaganda, plus the dude said he could be 3rd, but only has a long shot, since harrington has exp., but i doubt Mularkey wants to keep harrington, if DJ is better than him.

espn guy talkin bout falcons. you know those are the same guys who said we are going 1-15, and we are suppose to believe them? I go to real fans for advice on TC, because they care bout this team, and not following propaganda, plus the dude said he could be 3rd, but only has a long shot, since harrington has exp., but i doubt Mularkey wants to keep harrington, if DJ is better than him.

CARLOS!

AN ENDORSEMENT :lol::lol::lol: WHERE'S GA FAN HE'D LOVE THAT :lol::lol::lol: WAIT A MINUTE, EVERYONE'S LOOKING A #3 QB :lol::lol: THE GUY IS CLUELESS....SHOCKLEY NEEDS TO FIND OUT WHAT INSURANCE COMPANY IS HIRING :lol: HERE IS A THOUGHT, HE COULD COACH FOR MY NEPHEW'S MIDDLE SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM

Is there a post beside that avatar? I can seem to make my way over to the post! :lol:

Real fans care about the team, but they also are biased to their team and can throw off perception. Especially when a UGA player is on the Falcons. I mean Sunday Thomas Brown had like 4 times as many people lined up for his autograph than Boley and Ovie combined.

AN ENDORSEMENT :lol::lol::lol: WHERE'S GA FAN HE'D LOVE THAT :lol::lol::lol: WAIT A MINUTE, EVERYONE'S LOOKING A #3 QB :lol::lol: THE GUY IS CLUELESS....SHOCKLEY NEEDS TO FIND OUT WHAT INSURANCE COMPANY IS HIRING :lol: HERE IS A THOUGHT, HE COULD COACH FOR MY NEPHEW'S MIDDLE SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM

IF THE #3 SPOT IS SO IRRELEVENT, WHY SO MUCH COMMENT ABOUT IT?I

Well the NFL has gotta be the toughest job in the world. I hope Shockley lands a job somewhere this season. It's easy to criticize these guys, but they spend their whole lives preparing for the NFL, and many of them have that dream shattered.

GL Shockley, and no I ain't a GA homer - just a FalconFan that wants all the Falcons to succeed/

Carlos in Lexington writes: I was wondering what you thought of DJ Shockley's chances of getting any play time for the Falcons. I'm thinking that since Matt Ryan was drafted, his shot at playing for them is over, but I'm also thinking that his chances of pl for another team are just as low. Do you think he still has a shot at playing in the NFL?

Pat Yasinskas: I saw Shockley in Atlanta's camp over the weekend and he looked pretty good. He's coming back from injury, but appears to be healthy. He's a long shot to stick with the Falcons because they likely want to surround Ryan with the experienced Joey Harrington and Chris Redman. If there's not a place in Atlanta for Shockley, that doesn't mean his career's over. He has as much talent as some potential No. 3 quarterbacks out there. If he can showcase his ability in preseason games, he could land in a situation where he'd have a legitimate shot at a No. 3 job.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there ya go, he is as talented as most #3 QB's in the league.

Which, IMHO, is like being the smartest kid on the short bus...... :lol:

I don't think DJ will ever start here, the UGA fan in me will always wish he could. I don't doubt his talent either, we need to develop him for future trade bait. I like Joey too, but he is the odd man out.

You're right. I think last year was his fairest shot at the starting job, but he went down with the untimely injury. I hope if we don't give him a shot, that he gets a fair chance somewhere.

wasnt romo 3rd string about 3-4 years ago.....i wish him the best, but unfortunatly he would divide this fan base as witnessed on these boards...it is kinda a homer thing, but thats because we watched his career & know he can(given the chance)be a good qb in the nfl & thats not so much my opinion as much as i believe it to be fact & if you didnt watch him for 4 years & what he contributed....dont flame me with hater attitude, do it with something with some substance....not the "he only started one year"crap because ill blow you out of the water on that one

7th round draft pick, and 1 year college experience.............he should be so honored to be a #3!!!

**** NA IIGHT **** NAW!!! THATS BULL MENTALITY. STRAIGHT BULL!! I WANT MY PLAYS TO HAVE A WIN MENTALITY. I WANT MY FALCONS TO BE FULL OF PLAYERS THAT WANT 1st job. I WANT MY PLAYERS TO WORK THEIR BUTTS OFF FOR THAT STARTER!!! any1 content with be mediocre can get off out. I want winners, and winners want to be the best.

**** NA IIGHT **** NAW!!! THATS BULL MENTALITY. STRAIGHT BULL!! I WANT MY PLAYS TO HAVE A WIN MENTALITY. I WANT MY FALCONS TO BE FULL OF PLAYERS THAT WANT 1st job. I WANT MY PLAYERS TO WORK THEIR BUTTS OFF FOR THAT STARTER!!! any1 content with be mediocre can get off out. I want winners, and winners want to be the best.

Obama 4 pres is that you?????????

to clarify my point -with such a limited resume Dj should be honored........to be in the league, he obviously has enough to get him here but his lack of experience certainly doesn't bode well............. he will need some luck to get the starting nod based on his resume