Grady not just a "big" presence.

340x.jpg

Look at big Grady's reach there. LOL. What is that a vertical span of eight and a half foot? Grady is an upgrade no matter how you see it. He has been with a lot of teams and has lots of experience. All the guys in the league know who Grady is and I'm sure none of them want to go up against this big boy. Just wanted to show this picture.

340x.jpg

Look at big Grady's reach there. LOL. What is that a vertical span of eight and a half foot? Grady is an upgrade no matter how you see it. He has been with a lot of teams and has lots of experience. All the guys in the league know who Grady is and I'm sure none of them want to go up against this big boy. Just wanted to show this picture.

I see a new movie coming out - "Black Men Can't Jump." Wow, look at that vertical.

To be perfectly honest, I thought that he would be just a big lump in the middle that was strong enough to keep the pile from moving, but after seeing how many times he got in the backfield for us last year, I was totally wrong about Grady's athleticism.

He's pretty **** spry for a fat man.

To be perfectly honest, I thought that he would be just a big lump in the middle that was strong enough to keep the pile from moving, but after seeing how many times he got in the backfield for us last year, I was totally wrong about Grady's athleticism.

He's pretty **** spry for a fat man.

Agree. I, like many others, bought into the selfish mentality that the coaches were spewing. Fact is, Grady has always been very productive. He gives our line some credibility.

8, I NEVER BOUGHT THAT "BLOWING ASSIGNMENT" ANSWER. HOW MANY ASSIGNMENTS CAN A GUY HIS SIZE HAVE?

To be fair, it's possible to be productive and still blow assignments. The best example of that is LaVar Arrington. That guy made plays everywhere, but his coaches couldn't stand him because he was simply flat-out unwilling to play within the system that they wanted to run. So, for every play he made, he'd give up another because he wasn't where he was supposed to be.

Now, by no means does that mean I agree with cutting him in the middle of the season when he was as productive as he was. I just wanted to point out that it's possible to be productive and still be a free-lancer.

Direwolf

To be fair, it's possible to be productive and still blow assignments. The best example of that is LaVar Arrington. That guy made plays everywhere, but his coaches couldn't stand him because he was simply flat-out unwilling to play within the system that they wanted to run. So, for every play he made, he'd give up another because he wasn't where he was supposed to be.

Now, by no means does that mean I agree with cutting him in the middle of the season when he was as productive as he was. I just wanted to point out that it's possible to be productive and still be a free-lancer.

Direwolf

When I heard that he was freelancing, I took it to mean that our DC at the time, Don Zimmer, was unhappy with it. I figured that I was backing Zim's decision since he was the defensive guru. Now I know that it was Quitrino who was unhappy with it. I just hate that Zim didn't try harder to speak up for keeping Grady.

He probably was scared that he would get demoted by Quitrino or something, which was highly probable.

340x.jpg

Im glad to have grady and we need help but there is a lot of hype around him.Dtackles are makeing outrageous money and he signed with us for 1 million?Think about it.Forget the fat jokes.Can he play every down?Two thirds?One third?Nickel?Dime?

Im glad to have grady and we need help but there is a lot of hype around him.Dtackles are makeing outrageous money and he signed with us for 1 million?Think about it.Forget the fat jokes.Can he play every down?Two thirds?One third?Nickel?Dime?

In 2006 when he played with us, he averaged about 25 snaps a game and led the league in tackles for a loss. I'm sure that Coach Smith will know the best way to use what he offers to the defense.

Direwolf

Why does everyone expect Grady to play every down......of course not. I'm not sure of any DT that plays every snap. Thats why we have a rotation. Grady in the game for 20-25 plays is better than no Grady. He didn't cost us an arm and a leg either so I don't see why some people are questioning this. :wacko: