Shaken Berry-Pickers Report Sasquatch Sighting in Ontario, Canada, Woods

Statick

Shaken Berry-Pickers Report Sasquatch Sighting in Ontario, Canada, Woods

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A mother and daughter on a berry-picking excursion in northwestern Ontario, Canada, claim the giant, black, hulking figure they saw last week might be the legendary sasquatch, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation reported Monday.

Helen Pahpasay and her mother say they were scared stiff when they saw the mysterious creature spot them in their truck and then run into the woods near Grassy Narrows, Ont., about 140 miles east of Winnipeg, Manitoba.

"It was black, about eight feet long and all black, and the way it walked was upright, human-like, but more — I don't know how to describe it — more of a husky walk, I guess," Pahpasay told CBC News. “It didn’t look normal.”

The women considered chasing the figure to get a better look, but were so shaken they abandoned berry picking altogether and returned home.

Pahpasay claims others later found a large, six-toed footprint in the area.

“What do I think it was? Right now I'm not even sure what it was. But it really scared both of us,” she said. “There's been talk of Bigfoot, sasquatch. And I'm still not sure what it was, but I've never seen anything like it."

In 2006, there were several reports of a sasquatch-like figure in the woods in Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

Those who believe in the infamous hairy giant say he could be roaming the woods from California, up the West Coast, and across Canada, the CBC reported.

Skeptics say concrete evidence such as skulls or bones has never been found, and footprints or photographs could be altered.

When's the new X-Files moving coming out again? I'll bet their PR department is screwing around.

most i've ever laughed in my life was watching some goofy discovery channel thing about people trying to find the sasquatch. some of those people were absolutely hilarious. i'd kill to find a tape of that show. i laughed until my sides hurt and my face was covered with tears. one lady was out in the woods meditating on how to find the sasquatch, and she played some goofy bongo drum in an attempt to lure him.