Just something I came across. . . 2 years, SB ring for Atlanta?

J in Atlanta writes: Do you see Matt Ryan starting this year? Also, how do you see the Falcons this year?

Pat Yasinskas: I see Ryan starting, but my guess is it will come sometime around mid-season. There's going to be temptation to play him from Day 1. But this is a team with a lot of questions and it might be better to bring Ryan along slowly. It could be better in the long term if he doesn't get thrown into it from the start like, for example, David Carr, who never recovered from the pounding he took in Houston. Let Chris Redman or Joey Harrington start for a bit and see how things develop. The Falcons, obviously, face an uphill battle. But I see them making some progress. I've compared them before to the 2002 Carolina Panthers. John Fox took over from George Seifert after a 1-15 team. Right away, Fox made the Panthers respectable. The next season he had them in the Super Bowl. I think Atlanta could make progress close to that in two years, but it will require another offseason of strong personnel moves.

never say never. --- > http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcsouth (further down on the page)