Top Prospects heading into 2009 NFL Draft. . .

I think first round (unless we trade the pick and pending what number we have) we will either go cornerback or OL.

Cornerbacks

Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State

Height: 6'1 - Weight: 202

Malcolm Jenkins would have been a first rounder in 2008, but came back to chase a National Title. He's got outstanding size and speed, and can play man, press, and zone.

Victor Harris, Virginia Tech

Height: 6'0 - Weight: 195

Victor Harris has good size for an NFL corner. He's a ballhawk, who can also return kicks for a team.

Vontae Davis, Illinois

Height: 6'0 - Weight: 205

Davis is a blur for his size. He can press receivers as well as anyone in this class, because he has the speed to recover if he's beat.

Wopamo Osaisai, Stanford

Height: 5'11 - Weight: 200

Osaisai will be one of the faster corners in next years draft. He has good ball skills, and is big enough to press when asked to.

Mike Mickens, Cincinnati

Height: 6'0 - Weight: 165

Mickens has fantastic hands. He seems to always make the play when the ball gets to him. He's also a good return man, but will have to get bigger to hold up to NFL punishment.

DT is a weak class. BUT look out for Vince Oghobaase out of Duke. He's a Jr, Height: 6-6 , Weight: 310, 5.16 40 time. He's currently the 5th ranked DT in the class. But with another season like last year, could sky-rocket into the mid first round.

DT is a weak class. BUT look out for Vince Oghobaase out of Duke. He's a Jr, Height: 6-6 , Weight: 310, 5.16 40 time. He's currently the 5th ranked DT in the class. But with another season like last year, could sky-rocket into the mid first round.

theres going to be a lot of quality dts available in the second round.

theres going to be a lot of quality dts available in the second round.

I agree, the second round will be loaded with DT's, the only DT at this point, who is first round talent is the kid from USC. You can get some serious value in the second round, and pay second round salaries for a potential first round talent.

I agree, the second round will be loaded with DT's, the only DT at this point, who is first round talent is the kid from USC. You can get some serious value in the second round, and pay second round salaries for a potential first round talent.

If a lot of the juniors declare, that could even extend into the 3rd and 4th rounds... I dont know what Goodell is going to do in relation to rookie salary caps, but if they are going to be significantly lower, we may just see the best draft of all time; deep until the last rounds...

Will a 4th round prospect be paid about the same as a 2nd after the rookie cap? Who knows, but if so, every player and his dog will declare... Maybe they need to add another couple of rounds to the draft :P

I think first round (unless we trade the pick and pending what number we have) we will either go cornerback or OL.

Cornerbacks

Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State

Height: 6'1 - Weight: 202

Malcolm Jenkins would have been a first rounder in 2008, but came back to chase a National Title. He's got outstanding size and speed, and can play man, press, and zone.

Victor Harris, Virginia Tech

Height: 6'0 - Weight: 195

Victor Harris has good size for an NFL corner. He's a ballhawk, who can also return kicks for a team.

Vontae Davis, Illinois

Height: 6'0 - Weight: 205

Davis is a blur for his size. He can press receivers as well as anyone in this class, because he has the speed to recover if he's beat.

Wopamo Osaisai, Stanford

Height: 5'11 - Weight: 200

Osaisai will be one of the faster corners in next years draft. He has good ball skills, and is big enough to press when asked to.

Mike Mickens, Cincinnati

Height: 6'0 - Weight: 165

Mickens has fantastic hands. He seems to always make the play when the ball gets to him. He's also a good return man, but will have to get bigger to hold up to NFL punishment.

finally somebody besides me recognizes Macho Harris

Michael Johnson DE from Georgia Tech is going to blow up this year. Also Vance Walker DT and Andrew Garnder OT could be first round picks.

Maybe, doubtful, and doubtful.

Johnson is over-rated until he proves he can play the run.

Gardner is very good & a little under-rated, but the OT spot is too deep. I don't think we see 7 OT's go in the 1st round this year too, and I have him 7th on my list. Mid 2nd round for him.

Walker is good, but probably a 3rd round guy. Too many good DT's in this draft.

JMO