I Know How to Solve the QB Dilemma

formul8or

Dilemma? What dilemma?

Redman is the starter until someone beats him out. Ryan is a lock because of his contract. Harrington and Shockley are fighting for a job.

So far, most everyone is saying that Redman is clearly the best at this point. Ryan shows promise but needs a lot of work. Joey is Joey (which ain't saying much). DJ is the Rick Ankiel of the Falcons.

Be nice but Redman never got us 3 TDs ahead before - What makes you think he'll do it now? :huh:

I don't think it's a stretch of the imagination for Redman to score points for us, and getting 3 TD's ahead is probably just a sincere hope (and I would love to see it); however, with improved protection from healthy OL starters, better blocking and an actual running game...It could happen...

If our defense can put pressure on the QB, plug holes (welcome back Grady...), and not blow coverages in the secondary, we have a chance to maintain a lead and win a lot more games than the so called 'experts' predict. It could happen...

We let Redman start each game and get us 3 TD's ahead, then we can sub in Matt Ryan so he gets the experience. Anyone against this?

THIS WOULD MEAN MATT'S NOT GOING TO GET TO PLAY VERY MUCH! 3 TOUCHDOWNS AHEAD? HOW

OFTEN DO WE REALLY THINK THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN? TO GET REAL EXPERIENCE MATT NEEDS TO

PLAY NOT JUST IN THE BEST OF CONDITIONS BUT IN THE TIIMES WHEN ALL **** IS BREAKING LOOSE TOO.

There is no dilemma. Redman will start the beginning of the season and Ryan will probably take over halfway through, like what Denver did with Jay Cutler. Either that, or coach Smith will give Matt Ryan a package and put him out there for one series, kind of like what Dan Reeves did with Vick his rookie year.

Harrington likely will be the #3 QB and Shockley will likely be cut. Shockley will latch on with another team and/or the Falcons will bring him back next year because we likely will not bring Harrington back for 2009. If not, Shockley can go play Arena or CFL ball, so he'll be OK.

I don't think it's a stretch of the imagination for Redman to score points for us, and getting 3 TD's ahead is probably just a sincere hope (and I would love to see it); however, with improved protection from healthy OL starters, better blocking and an actual running game...It could happen...

If our defense can put pressure on the QB, plug holes (welcome back Grady...), and not blow coverages in the secondary, we have a chance to maintain a lead and win a lot more games than the so called 'experts' predict. It could happen...

Redman did put up some good numbers but what alot of people have to remember is that the games he did put up decent numbers were against defenses that ranked in the bottom 1/3 in Pass Defense last year - our O-Line is still suspect - running game most likely improved with Turner - and as far as sacks go - the game Redman did the worst in (Tampa) he was only sacked 1 time - Redman put up pretty numbers in 4 games but as a starter he still only managed a 1-3 record.

Too many if's and maybe's to even assume that we have made a complete 180 - I would love it - but for now I highly doubt it. :mellow: