First trailer for Olvier Stone's George Bush biopic, "W."

Headshot

Its going to be a Far leftist BASHING of Bush. Why doesn't stone do a movie on ALGORE? Will Farrel could star in that 1.

Because Al Gore wasn't president.

I mean, he could do an autobiography of Rush and pick up some drug addicted bum with no college education off the streets to play him for nearly no cost, but that would be kind of useless.

Guest Gritz

Actually if you use Stone's film "Nixon" as a template "W" will be a great deal more sympathetic towards its subject than Stone's self-admitted political beliefs would lead you to believe.......

I guess at some juncture of Rush's movie the character would then have to be shone to becoming the most influential Bum in the world and super rich and successful. Nah, stone wouldn't do that.

Since when was Rush the most influential anything? ****, the only thing he influences are idiots like you.

Try not overloading on too much Diet coke and Popcorn. If you cannot even allow that Rush is the King of talk radio and the largest personality and influencer in its land, then your denial won't allow for you and i to continue. Rush is a legend, you just don't like him.

Rush is a legend in your own mind. And what's with the diet coke and popcorn remark? Are you trying to insinuate that I'm fat or some stupid s*** like that?

Actually if you use Stone's film "Nixon" as a template "W" will be a great deal more sympathetic towards its subject than Stone's self-admitted political beliefs would lead you to believe.......

Dropping the political stuff for a second, I've read this script and you're right. It focuses on how hard his upbringing was as a fun-loving kid whose father was impossible to please. It also focuses on his love of baseball a *ton* in a way that many of us here will find identifiable.

Frankly, the screenplay isn't as incendiary as I would have expected.

Guest Gritz
Dropping the political stuff for a second, I've read this script and you're right. It focuses on how hard his upbringing was as a fun-loving kid whose father was impossible to please. It also focuses on his love of baseball a *ton* in a way that many of us here will find identifiable.

Frankly, the screenplay isn't as incendiary as I would have expected.

Thanks for a bit of confirmation there jd.......People I guess will condemn things outright without ever seeing them or giving them a chance.

I'm glad my world isn't that narrow.

Thanks for a bit of confirmation there jd.......People I guess will condemn things outright without ever seeing them or giving them a chance.

I'm glad my world isn't that narrow.

For as much *non-responsive filter* as Stone gets, his movies seem to be relatively fair-handed. I never saw World Trade Center, but with the uproar I heard you'd think it accused Bush of actually piloting the planes. As far as I know, it's very much a movie centered on the main characters and doesn't dally in politics at all.

For as much *non-responsive filter* as Stone gets, his movies seem to be relatively fair-handed. I never saw World Trade Center, but with the uproar I heard you'd think it accused Bush of actually piloting the planes. As far as I know, it's very much a movie centered on the main characters and doesn't dally in politics at all.

It doesn't in the least bit.

Guest Gritz

I saw World Trade Center and it was exactly as you described. It was a very even-handed description of a couple of firemen trying to survive under the rubble of the downed towers....

Pretty good flick.

Try not overloading on too much Diet coke and Popcorn. If you cannot even allow that Rush is the King of talk radio and the largest personality and influencer in its land, then your denial won't allow for you and i to continue. Rush is a legend, you just don't like him.

Haha he is only a legend because he is the commentator of choice for people who aren't smart enough to realize how crazy he is.

Id probably take pain pills if I were him too. It would be pretty painful to wake up every morning and realize you were Rush. All the money in the world wouldn't fix that problem.

Guest Gritz
I hope 'Bush' will be as historically ACCURATE as Stone's 'JFK' . I love it when people think they're LEARNING from anti-American Hollywood burnouts, and go about the remainder of their lives talking about Umbrella Man and "MR. X".

LOL

'JFK ' was crap...."Nixon' was a pretty good flick....but a lot of the reasons for those conclusions can be summed up this way:

Kevin Costner vs. Anthony Hopkins.....

I am one of those who likes "Nixon". You are right, I thought it pointed out more why Nixon was like he was rather than attack him for being that way. I am not an apologist in anyway, but if Nixon had not been so paranoid which led him to break the law, he could have been considered great. He was the one who started the cold war thaw. I thought it fair.

That said, I am weary of Oliver Stone. I like Wall Street, but it is really anti- corporate. Platoon was a slap at Vietnam soldiers. So I am definetly weary of anything he does. I probably will not see this unless I hear some conservative say it was fair. He doesn't have to cover up the bad, but it needs be fair and point out the success story.