L. Milloy or D. Cooper? At this point who do you want?

Stryka

Better SS....Milloy or Cooper  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want starting at SS this season?

• Lawyer Milloy
    • Deke Cooper
    • Thomas DeCoud

First off, I love both players. Both play hard and both are smart players.

We all agree that L. Milloy is aging (though gracefully) and lacks some of the speed and range he had earlier in his career.

D. Cooper posted his best numbers last year starting 15 of 16 games.

The stats are similar: L. Milloy 90 tckls, 2ints D. Cooper 59 tckls, 1FF and 3ints

The question to me is whether we want L. Milloy who is the better run stuffer but with less range and speed or do we want D. Cooper who will make more plays in the passing game, help the CBs eith over the top coverage but wont be as physical?

I would like to see D. Cooper beat out L. Milloy for the job this year. IMO, I think he is the better overall player at this point in his career vs. Milloy.

Thoughts?

The poll is to try to gauge what the MB thinks.

Milloy

His reputation is deterrent enough to keep the percentages low for anyone trying to throw into the middle of the field on us.

He doesnt have much of a reputation anymore. He was once a feared hitter and is still very physical now but he isnt close to the Milloy of 5yrs ago.

Milloy, for the same reason Brooking is on the field.

Leadership?

They are both still solid good players but its possible that we have guys that would produce more on the bench behind them.

D. Cooper is younger and a better ball hawk than Milloy at SS and S. Nicholas is faster with more range than Brooking and is a sure tackler as well.

I hope the vets play well this year but if an injury occurs Im not worried because the depth we have is not only the future but could be better now.

Leadership?

They are both still solid good players but its possible that we have guys that would produce more on the bench behind them.

D. Cooper is younger and a better ball hawk than Milloy at SS and S. Nicholas is faster with more range than Brooking and is a sure tackler as well.

I hope the vets play well this year but if an injury occurs Im not worried because the depth we have is not only the future but could be better now.

I am pretty sure War **** eagle means its because they get Paid a lot more than the other guys.

stone is the other SS in the picture, not decoud..i think decoud is a FS..but yeah i say milloy one more season

I dont really think freesafety or strong comes into the argument with most safteys.Stone and milloy are odviously strong but most of the rest go both ways.Which generally means they are great at either.Or they are weak enough at one that they have to go the other way.