Question about Laryngitis

ProtoType

I been drinking Orange juice, been drinking hot coco, try to rest my voice as much as I can, later in the day it starts to sound better but when I wake up the next morning its worser then before.

Also I drink Ice tea and other juices...

Any meds i can buy that can help?

I been drinking Orange juice, been drinking hot coco, try to rest my voice as much as I can, later in the day it starts to sound better but when I wake up the next morning its worser then before.

Also I drink Ice tea and other juices...

Any meds i can buy that can help?

Normal laryngitis has to run its course; it's viral and there's no medicine which makes it go away. The best you can do is keep hydrated and not try to speak at all. Trying to speak when the vocal cords are not ready only makes the voice loss last longer.

(If gastrointestinal reflux is the cause of your laryngitis, you need to see a doctor because that type of throat problem can seriously damage the throat and greatly increase your chances of getting throat cancer [ or esophageal cancer, which is almost always fatal] )

I had a wicked bad case of it 2 years ago. It lasted for 2 weeks. My voice came back about as fast as I lost it. I won't lie to you - I milked it with the work situation. People were petrified to be around me, so I "worked from home" the entire time. I didn't even have a cold to go with it.

Like Octo says...rest your voice and stay hydrated. Drink a ton of water.