restaurants near dome

skjones1990

Can anyone give any recommendations for restaurants within a reasonable walking distance to GA dome? Am not from ATL and will be in town for Falcons/Colts game. We will be wearing our jerseys and jeans... any place without a dress code but somewhere to get a good steak or surf and turf? Thanks

If you want seafood, McCormick & Schmick's at CNN. You can also try Stats, it's one block north of CNN Center on Marietta Street and about a 10 minute walk to the dome. It an upscale but not at all stuffy sports bar...the food is not your normal bar food either..check em out online at

http://www.statsatl.com/home.php

FWIW, I haven't had a bad experience there yet.

This restaruant doesn't meet your requirements of walking distance or Surf and Turf (or maybe it does, but who orders that there?) but I reccommend Glady's Knight's Chicken and Waffles. Its good southern food, that will have you falling alseep at the table. Its also pretty nice for a southern food restaurant, not waffle house-ish or anything. I have eaten there once after a game with my jersey on and it was cool, there were others with jerseys too.

I **THINK** I saw Jamaal Anderson there last year at a booth across from us. Not 100% sure but it looked like him, I didn't want to go up to him and disturb his dinner.

Anyway, you won't be sorry you went, unless you fall asleep on the way back to the hotel :)

If you want seafood, McCormick & Schmick's at CNN. You can also try Stats, it's one block north of CNN Center on Marietta Street and about a 10 minute walk to the dome. It an upscale but not at all stuffy sports bar...the food is not your normal bar food either..check em out online at

http://www.statsatl.com/home.php

FWIW, I haven't had a bad experience there yet.

checked out stats this weekend and loved it.