Practice field fighting shows lack of disipline!

Practice field fights are nothing, especially if they're not personal (DeAngelo Hall and Adam Jennings) and not during actual games (ie. DeAngelo Hall vs Steve Smith & the refs & the coaching staff). We used to have fights in high school training camp. Our coach called it "showing spirit".

Coach Smith seemed to think it was nothing. So it was nothing.

On one hand I agree, but on the other, I can view it as a positive; especially in our situation. Right now, we have a lot of young players. Not only young, but questionable on who is starting, who is 2nd string, and who will not make the team. It is easy to view fights as "thuggish"; but try to look at it as a display of passion. These players are fighting(no pun intended) for their livelihood; their job; their love for the game. I personally don't want a player who is going to be pushed over on this team. This isn't an office job, there is no room for people to be soft. On the flip-side, there is also no room for punks who go looking for a fight; we just need people who won't back down if the situation arises.

Hah?

Dude, they have full-blown riots in Europe over a couple of opposing soccer players getting into it and you're worried about a little skirmish between teammates?

Don't get me wrong I grew up in Ga in the 50's, I've been to the county line many a late friday night. The problem is now days kids don't wait and go to the county line, they fight on the field. Any that's a no no and so is fighting on th practice field. In the day, fighting on the practice field or in the game would not only get you thrown off the team but get you suspended from school as well. Then Dr. Spock came along and all changed, but was it really for the better?

I did not meant to imply any foreign country was better than America I was talking about then verses now.

It wasn't a fight... It was a skirmish at best. Douglas took a swing then they both walked off. It they had taken their helmets off and gone all MMA on each other I could agree. Popping somebody in the helmet for mouthing off, and Milloy is known to mouth off constantly, is a non-story.

You would be hard pressed to find any NFL TC where there is not some scrapping going on. It's hot, they're miserable, and all it takes is one shot to the mouth or extra shove, and it's on. And, as has already been said, it's not personal, and the guys usually put it behind them before they leave the field.

its no big deal & it happens all the time from high school to the pros...if there werent any scirmishes then that might be a problem....we have to remember that all these players are aggressive by nature & as long as they can do it & move on without holding grudges or taking it personal then its not a problem & is somewhat expected to happen......imo B)

i agree with you somewhat...with it only being a few days in and a rookie going at it with a super bowl winning vet...little ridiculous

Actually from EVERY SOURCE i got to hear info about the fight from, they said that it sent a powerful message to the vets that these rookies and youngsters are here to play and mean business. When Lawyer is in the news saying it was wrong, and there should have been more done, then I may be more prone to agree with you or at least see your point, but as of right now, calm down, and go back to arguing the QB controversy

You would be hard pressed to find any NFL TC where there is not some scrapping going on. It's hot, they're miserable, and all it takes is one shot to the mouth or extra shove, and it's on. And, as has already been said, it's not personal, and the guys usually put it behind them before they leave the field.

Exactly. It's not as though they are trying to hurt each other. It's just competitiveness and exhaustion, and adrenaline that gets the better of you for a moment and it's over. Anyone who's played sports competitively has blown up a little, and chances are they were cool with the person right after. I've never been in a fight on the street, but I used to on the rugby pitch a couple times a season.

I think that's a lot different than the gentleman who went to the "county line" later to fight premeditatively, and surely is running through his might how he's going to hurt the other person. That's just not the intention here.