2009 Mock Offseason

atljbo

2009 Mock Offseason

Freeagency

6’3 234lbs LB Michael Boley- 6 year $35 million, $12 million in guarantees: Michael Boley will be the face of the Falcons D for years to come… Boley is the most under-rated Linebacker in the NFL…. Miceal Boley can cover, tackle, blitz, and has good instincts, he’s the perfect cover 2 LB ….(PS… Boley would have a new contract if he didn’t have that off the field trouble…. TD called off the contract negotiations till that gets cleared up)

6’2 286lbs Jonathan Babineaux- 4 year 10.3 million, 4.2 million in guarantees: Babs is a great Backup/Rotational UT….. I do not think that Babs is the type of DT Coach Smith likes but he is a good backup whom can get good penetration on passing downs

610x.jpg

6’3 335lbs DT Gabe Watson- 6 year $20.05 million, $7 million in guarantees: The Cards will have to let this 24 year old run stopper walk away because of their lack of cap room plus they have Alan Branch….. Gabe Watson is a younger version of Grady Jackson… This guy is a Huge space eater whom can also get some good penetration…. The Cardnals was 9th in the league in stoping the run… Gabe Watson was a big reason for that

610x.jpg

6’3 240lbs LB Kevin Burnett- 4 year $13.4 million, $5.4 million in guarantees: With Keith Brooking cap hit hitting 8.3 million next year, Brooking will have to be a june 1st cut or ….. This 25 year old monster has been waiting for his time to shine….. That time is now…… Dallas used Burnett as a Nickle LB because he has great cover skills and he is a sideline to sideline type LB…… THAT’S PERFECT FOR OUR COVER 2 SCHEME…… I really think this signing will be a big time steal for us

CUTS

LB Keith Booking

RT Todd Weiner

WR Joe Horn

nfl_draft_06.jpg

2009 NFL DRAFT

Draft Day Trade: Falcons Trade The 8th pick to the Cardinals for the 13 and a 3rd round pick (Cardinals want Beanie Wells)

5.jpg

12th overall pick- 6’3 225lbs FS/SS Taylor Mays, USC: This guy is a Big Time Playmaker…. As a freshman Taylor Mays produced 62 tackles, and 3 ints… Some will say that Mays 2007 year was a down year but the man had 65 tackles, 1ints, 6 pass deflections, 1 forced fumble and1 fumble recovery…. This guy runs a 4.4-4.3 40, hits like a linebacker and Cover like a CB…. The perfect cover 2 Safety…… We will finally have a Probowl Safety in a year or 2

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

ncf_i_oghobaase_200.jpg

2nd round: 6’6 310lbs DT Vince Oghobaase, Duke: This guy fits the kind of DT Coach Smith wants perfectly….. Vince is a Huge Muscular DT whom stops the run and can also get some penetration… With 6’3 335lbs Gabe Watson and 6’6 320lbs Vince Oghobaase clogging the middle, this will remind you of the jags former D-Line

oregon_max_unger_sm.jpg

3rd round: 6’5 300lbs C/G/OT Max Unger, Oregon : Unger will be a big time steal right here…. This guy can play all the O-Lineman positions at a high level…..

610x.jpg

3rd round (Cardnals): 6’1 200lbs CB/FS Domonique Johnson, Jackson State: This guy will be a great addition to our DB group…. Domonigue is just a pure ballhawk…. In 07 this guy had 5 ints and 14 pass deflections….. A transfer from Missouri to Jackson State, DJ would make a good cover 2 CB… He’s Fast (4.4 40), a good tackler, and make plays on the ball

................................................................................

312129.jpg

4th round: 6’6 310lbs LT/RT Jason Watkins: A Former TE turned into a LT so dude is extremely athletic for a LT… Ive seen some Florida games, This guy is a good O-Lineman with potential to be a really good NFL LT with the right Coaching… Watkins is a big reason why Tebow is able to do his thing

610x.jpg

5th round: 6’6 295lbs DT Demonte Bolden: This guy is extremely athletic and quick to be this big…… He has all the talent but has not put everything together… If the Coaching Staff can dig into his potential that would be a big plus for us….. A Tank Johnson type talent

1975979.jpeg

5th round (raiders): 6’5 335lbs OG Louis Vasquez: Louis Vasquez has 3rd round talent but his texas tech roots will hurt his stock……Louis is a great pass blocker and a good run blocker whom made the Big 12 All-Conference Team…… Louis gave up zero sacks in 07…… This is a BIG STRONG MAULER

6th round: 6’4 250lbs DE Jeremy Lomax: Jeremy Lomax is a good pass rushing DE with a lot of potential…. He is a potential guy like Kroy Biermann…. With Chauncey Davis walking….. This would be a great depth/ rotation guy

................................................................................

7th round: 6’1 235lbs LB Jason Williams: In 07 Jason William had 107 tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, 8 sacks, 4 pass deflections and 5 forced fumble……… Dudes a hidden gem….. The problem is that he plays for freakin Western Illinois

2009 ROSTER

QB Matt Ryan Chris Redman D.J Shockley

RB Michael Turner…Jerious Norwood .. Thomas Brown

FB Ovie Mughelli … Corey McIntyre

WR1 Roddy White …..Harry Douglas

WR2 Laurent Robinson… Brian Finneran… Adam Jennings

TE Ben Hartsock…. Martrez Milner

LT Sam Baker… Jason Watkins

LG Justin Blalock… Max Unger .. Harvey Dahl

C Todd McClure…Max Unger (future Center). Alex Stepanovich RG Louis Vasquez….. Harvey Dahl

RT Tyson Clabo …….Renardo Foster

DLE Jamaal Anderson… Willie Evans…. Jeremy Lomax

UT Vince Oghobaase…. Jonathan Babineaux.. Demonte Bolden

NT Gabe Watson….. Trey Lewis…. Demonte Bolden

DRE John Abraham…. Kroy Biermann

SLB Michael Boley…. Stephen Nicholas….

MLB Curtis Lofton….. Tony Taylor…. Jason Williams

WLB Kevin Burnett …. Robert James…. Jason Williams

LCB Domonique Johnson …. Brent Grimes …. David Irons

RCB Chris Houston ….Chevis Jackson …. Von Hutchins

FS Erik Coleman… Thomas DeCoud

SS Taylor Mays …..Daren Stone

K Jason Elam

P Michael Koenen

KR Jerious Norwood ….. Adam Jennings

PR Thomas Browns ….. Adam Jennings

During the 2010 offseason... After we release Vick (no cap hit) and our other dead money are off the books.... We should have around 30-$35 million in cap space....... We can resign Roddy White...Norwood....Clabo.... and make some freeagent moves if we need to

very very early lol....any ways, i love the Mays pick, and the 2nd round pick, but if we need a future RT....we cant just get a 3rd rounder and say hes our franchise RT, if our OL is very bad, i think well get our RT/G in the 2nd round, also switch that TTU G with Matt Slauson G from Nebraska, he should be a 3rd rounder or maybe higher, but do to an off the field incedent **** drop, any good draft i dont mind it

very very early lol....any ways, i love the Mays pick, and the 2nd round pick, but if we need a future RT....we cant just get a 3rd rounder and say hes our franchise RT, if our OL is very bad, i think well get our RT/G in the 2nd round, also switch that TTU G with Matt Slauson G from Nebraska, he should be a 3rd rounder or maybe higher, but do to an off the field incedent **** drop, any good draft i dont mind it

Great mock and it is never too early! Why can't you have a franchise RT in the 3rd round. We have a franchise olb in the 5th round Boley. A team can't be filled with 1st and 2nd round picks. Plus Vasquez TTU G is a much better prospect than Slauson.

Great mock and it is never too early! Why can't you have a franchise RT in the 3rd round. We have a franchise olb in the 5th round Boley. A team can't be filled with 1st and 2nd round picks. Plus Vasquez TTU G is a much better prospect than Slauson.

I agree.....

We have Tyson Clabo as our RT...... I have no idea why you guys are sleepin on this man.... but yea.... 6'6 310lbs Jason Watkins is a really good RT/LT....... For some reason you guys think the 3rd round is not good..... Yooo.. Starters are found in the 2nd or 3rd rounds...

Not thrilled with Mays in the 1st, I think I'd prefer William Moore. Probably the only thing you have that I wouldn't be ok with.

I would really love to see us get Oghobaase, but I think he's a riser this year (especially if Duke is actually respectable on the field, which I think they will be). I think he goes off the board around #25.

I also like Unger, but think he might could move up a little because of the versatility that you mentioned. If not, from what I've heard (and not seen) is that he's not a power guy, more likely a ZBS blocker, especially if he moves outside of the center spot.

Overall this is a really good & interesting projection.

Not thrilled with Mays in the 1st, I think I'd prefer William Moore. Probably the only thing you have that I wouldn't be ok with.

I would really love to see us get Oghobaase, but I think he's a riser this year (especially if Duke is actually respectable on the field, which I think they will be). I think he goes off the board around #25.

I also like Unger, but think he might could move up a little because of the versatility that you mentioned. If not, from what I've heard (and not seen) is that he's not a power guy, more likely a ZBS blocker, especially if he moves outside of the center spot.

Duke is going to suck trust me..... Thats going to hurt Oghobaase stock a little..... Duke finished 1-11 last year...Duke will not win more then 4 games...... I really like Vince Oghobaase.... He will be there in the 2nd round

I like William Moore also but Taylor Mays is sick...... Im not going off of his measurements but im going off of his play on the field

Max Unger is just a Football Player...... He reminds me of a Sam Baker type.... Unger is Tough, Athletic, and has a work ethic like no other.... Some will say that he is a zone blocker like Sam Baker..... but like Sam Baker...... Max Unger can fit in any scheme............. Max Unger can take over for Todd McClure in a year or 2

yeah but those are hidden gems, unless they fall due to injury/issue........

Duke is going to suck trust me..... Thats going to hurt Oghobaase stock a little..... Duke finished 1-11 last year...Duke will not win more then 4 games...... I really like Vince Oghobaase.... He will be there in the 2nd round

I like William Moore also but Taylor Mays is sick...... Im not going off of his measurements but im going off of his play on the field

Max Unger is just a Football Player...... He reminds me of a Sam Baker type.... Unger is Tough, Athletic, and has a work ethic like no other.... Some will say that he is a zone blocker like Sam Baker..... but like Sam Baker...... Max Unger can fit in any scheme............. Max Unger can take over for Todd McClure in a year or 2

For Duke, 4 wins is a respectable season. I think they will win 6 and have a surprise upset in there somewhere (not a major upset, but upset none the less). I don't think a bad team is going to hurt Oghobaase's stock that much if he keeps playing well. You are seeing more good players drafted higher from bad or small school teams nowadays.

You could be right about Unger, I have not seen enough of him to make that call.

I was thinking the same thing... Moores production in unquestionable, but Mays has a lot of upside too... This comes down to seeing how they both do this season to see who the better prospect really is.

Im a production guy when all is said and done, so Mays has some work to do...

Moore will most probably be an FS in the NFL jmo...

good effort but I just disagree with the first round pick - the first thing is I disagree with the position of it - you have us picking 8th before trading down......well, I disagree with the prognosticators predicting 1-15 but we will most likely go 4-12 or maybe 5-11. That should net us a higher pick than 8th. I think we will have the 5th pick overall - totally my prediction of course.

I still think our greatest needs are offensive line and defensive line and I still think offensive line is the biggest of those two and it also will be where "value" intersects draft positon - I don't think there will be any DTs worthy of a top 10 pick. However there could be as many as three offensive tackles worthy (1. Michael Oher, 2. Andre Smith and 3. Eugene Monroe). I think all three of these guys will be better left tackle prospects than Sam Baker and we will just move Sam either inside to guard or kick him out to the rigth tackle position.

I like the Duke DT in 2nd round as you have it

good effort but I just disagree with the first round pick - the first thing is I disagree with the position of it - you have us picking 8th before trading down......well, I disagree with the prognosticators predicting 1-15 but we will most likely go 4-12 or maybe 5-11. That should net us a higher pick than 8th. I think we will have the 5th pick overall - totally my prediction of course.

I still think our greatest needs are offensive line and defensive line and I still think offensive line is the biggest of those two and it also will be where "value" intersects draft positon - I don't think there will be any DTs worthy of a top 10 pick. However there could be as many as three offensive tackles worthy (1. Michael Oher, 2. Andre Smith and 3. Eugene Monroe). I think all three of these guys will be better left tackle prospects than Sam Baker and we will just move Sam either inside to guard or kick him out to the rigth tackle position.I like the Duke DT in 2nd round as you have it

Based on what?

good work on early draft scenarios.

i would like to see some olinemen from either LSU or Okla.

duke can suck but vince could still be a force and be drafted 2nd round as opposed to 3-4th..

If it's all about your college team sucking then why was Patrick Willis (1st round pick & defensive ROY) drafted early? Mississippi was 0-8 in the SEC & 3-9 overall.

Why was Jay Cutler drafted #11 after leading Vandy to a 5-6 record in 2005?

College records don't really matter that much. If you are talented, you will be found, no matter how your team does overall. In the case of a guy like Vince, it's even more impressive to scouts if he dominating, he's the key focus of every offense going against Duke because he is far & away their best player and will be double & tripled teamed all season. If he puts up good stats & has great games against that, then he will get noticed & it will drive up his draft stock IMO.

the same reason patrick willis impressed me. he was their only defensive standout and the only one opponents have to gameplan around for the most part.

If it's all about your college team sucking then why was Patrick Willis (1st round pick & defensive ROY) drafted early? Mississippi was 0-8 in the SEC & 3-9 overall.

Why was Jay Cutler drafted #11 after leading Vandy to a 5-6 record in 2005?

College records don't really matter that much. If you are talented, you will be found, no matter how your team does overall. In the case of a guy like Vince, it's even more impressive to scouts if he dominating, he's the key focus of every offense going against Duke because he is far & away their best player and will be double & tripled teamed all season. If he puts up good stats & has great games against that, then he will get noticed & it will drive up his draft stock IMO.

Like it a lot. It' s almost impossible to speculate as to when a player might be available, but there's nothing obviously outrageous there. Good stuff.

What also makes it difficult is that we have so many young players who will get lots of playing time, it is difficult to gauge where our needs will be by the end of the season. If some young players really step up, it might totally change things.