John McCain wants to raise your taxes after all.

Is he on the Flip or the Flop? I cannot keep track of the old codger.

did I say no new taxes? No seriously, I'm old and can't remember.

WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate John McCain drew a sharp rebuke Monday from conservatives after he signaled an openness to a higher payroll tax for Social Security, contrary to previous vows not to raise taxes of any kind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking with reporters on his campaign bus on July 9, he cited a need to shore up Social Security, saying: "I cannot tell you what I would do, except to put everything on the table."

He went a step farther Sunday with his reponse on a nationally televised talk show to a question about payroll tax increases.

"There is nothing that's off the table. I have my positions, and I'll articulate them. But nothing's off the table," McCain said. "I don't want tax increases. But that doesn't mean that anything is off the table."

That comment drew a strong response Monday from the Club for Growth, a Washington anti-tax group. McCain's comments, the group said in a letter to the Arizona senator, are "shocking because you have been adamant in your opposition to raising taxes under any circumstances."

Indeed, McCain frequently has promised not to raise taxes. :lol:

This has to be one of the worst elections ever...

This election cant possibly be worse than 04.

In 04 you had your stereotypical redneck conservative talkshow listeners who were passionate about Bush, then your elitists hollywood liberals passionate about Kerry. Past that everyone you met wasn't passionate about who they were voting for, they just hated the other guy. A bush vote was really an anti kerry vote and vice versa.

In this election at least one of the candidates has a passionate crowd. I guess thats kinda better. Not really, but still.

When Obama flips, everybody praises his open-mindedness and ability to listen to advisers from all sides.

When McCain flops, he's senile, evil, working for the lobby, and joined at the hip to W.

LMAO

No. If McCain changes his mind based on new information or an evolving situation, then I'm all for him being free to change his stance on issues. I applaud it.

What I do not applaud is insonsistency from partisan toolboxes.

Is he on the Flip or the Flop? I cannot keep track of the old codger.

did I say no new taxes? No seriously, I'm old and can't remember.

WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate John McCain drew a sharp rebuke Monday from conservatives after he signaled an openness to a higher payroll tax for Social Security, contrary to previous vows not to raise taxes of any kind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking with reporters on his campaign bus on July 9, he cited a need to shore up Social Security, saying: "I cannot tell you what I would do, except to put everything on the table."

He went a step farther Sunday with his reponse on a nationally televised talk show to a question about payroll tax increases.

"There is nothing that's off the table. I have my positions, and I'll articulate them. But nothing's off the table," McCain said. "I don't want tax increases. But that doesn't mean that anything is off the table."

That comment drew a strong response Monday from the Club for Growth, a Washington anti-tax group. McCain's comments, the group said in a letter to the Arizona senator, are "shocking because you have been adamant in your opposition to raising taxes under any circumstances."

Indeed, McCain frequently has promised not to raise taxes. :lol:

This is why he is having touble holding onto the fiscal conservative vote.They do not see a fiscal conservative. Don't even get me started on that pyramid scheme that is Social Security.