With Von Hutchins out, do we reconsider Lito Sheppard?

no, Lito Shepard is an "older" cornerback who wants a lot of money - plus the Eagles a 2nd rounder PLUS for him - does that SOUND liike the Falcons should be interested?

ANSWER: NO!

<formerly known as "g-dawg".........2,000 posts down the drain - i'm a newbie again>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...Von was going to be the nickle back...... David Irons and Chevis Jackson can be great nickel backs

Lito not only wants to be to be traded but he wants a new contract...(he said 7 million a year).... In a Cover 2 D...... CBs are not that major in a cover 2...... We have some good Cover 2 CB's..... We can use that type of money on a freeagent O-Lineman or D-Lineman next year offseason.......

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...Von was going to be the nickle back...... David Irons and Chevis Jackson can be great nickel backs

Lito not only wants to be to be traded but he wants a new contract...(he said 7 million a year).... In a Cover 2 D...... CBs are not that major in a cover 2...... We have some good Cover 2 CB's..... We can use that type of money on a freeagent O-Lineman or D-Lineman next year offseason.......

very true jbo. plus lito stays hurt and in the cover 2 he will have to come up and make tackles and be physical. next thing you know he will be on IR right next to von.

i say lets see what we have with our 2 young corners who are both pretty high draft picks and the rest of them. granted they are young but you never know what a player can do until he has to step up and make plays. if smith and TD dont feel good about the corner spot im sure they will make upgrades but i dont think we'll be getting a corner that demands that much $. not to play in c2 at least.

Was Von Hutchins even considered the #3 much less #2 cornerback?

do you just visit message boards? or do you actully read anything on the website? just wondering because its pretty well known he was our nickle guy going into training camp. just sayin'

i made athread about whether or not we should get Lito a couple of weeks ago and the majority voted no, he wants a nice pay raise and i dont know if we have the room to give him that. Plus i think they are trying to work some kind of trade including him and anquan boldin

Where did u hear this rumor? I have been speculating this for a couple of weeks...

First, on the Lito Sheppard issue; it's a double-edged sword. I think he would be great here in Atlanta and would love to have him. He is a ball hawk and would only improve our secondary. BUT, he is injury prone; I wouldn't want to give him a pay day, and would be upset if we gave up a first or second rounder for him.

Second, on the Anquan Boldin issue; This in my opinion is just a rumor; we see them each year.... "Close to bringing in T.O.; Close to bringing in Moss; Trade for Brady Quinn; etc. It's just not going to happen(as a matter of fact, I thought the Cardinals have made statements that there is no chance they get rid of him, or something to that effect. That being said. dreaming a little bit, I would LOVE to have Boldin on this team, paired up with Roddy White; I think it would make Matt Ryan's learning curve just that much easier. But, you have to be realistic; what kind of cap room do we have? He'd want a payday as soon as he got here, I dont believe we could afford. Second, we're not exactly loaded up with expendable talent that we can trade(Only player that comes to mind would be John Abraham; not that he's expendable, but he's a quality older player, and we're just too fresh into rebuilding mode.) So I would think the only trade would be for a draft pick, and even if they settled for just one first round pick(which I doubt they would), we could be talking about a top 10, or even top 5 pick in the 2009 draft.... very expensive price.

no, Lito Shepard is an "older" cornerback who wants a lot of money - plus the Eagles a 2nd rounder PLUS for him - does that SOUND liike the Falcons should be interested?

ANSWER: NO!

<formerly known as "g-dawg".........2,000 posts down the drain - i'm a newbie again>

Wow - NFL careers are really, really short these days I guess.

Lito just turned 27 in April

We would make this trade if we're in a win now position. When you're rebuilding or starting over, you don't trade future picks for vets. It doesn't make since.

Just how long do you feel it takes to rebuild?

I would say, if everythig falls right, TD/Smith should have you guys ready for a playoff push in 2010 (Ryan's 3rd season). Lito would be only 29 going into that year.