Went in earlier. The doctor says she's pretty sure it's not cancer, but she labeled it as "mass". She's also sure it's not a cyst. Her best guess was a mass of fluid.

In any case, she referred me to a urologist, and I'm going for an ultrasound test on Monday.

She told me to not lose any sleep over it, so I'm going to trust her and believe it's not serious. She ended our conversation with that I don't have to worry about any cutting or surgery.

Glad to hear everything is alright man. Now get some sleep.

Yes, but her professional opinion can always be shattered by the results of the test; even if she sounded sure. I won't really be comfortable until the results come back favorable.

She did sound pretty sure about the cancer part though. So I thank God about that.

Guest Gritz
Yes, but her professional opinion can always be shattered by the results of the test; even if she sounded sure. I won't really be comfortable until the results come back favorable.

She did sound pretty sure about the cancer part though. So I thank God about that.

Hey brother.....about a year and a half ago I went in for a regular physical with my doctor. At the very end of the exam he said "I've never seen that brown mark on your face before. You had that long?" I told him about 3 years. I thought that it was just a sun spot. He told me that he wanted me to go to a dermatologist and get it checked out. On my receipt for the visit he wrote down "Rapidly expanding melanoma."

I started to freak! It was over the holidays so I didn't enjoy them as much as I normally would have and I couldn't get in to see a dermatologist until the beginning of the year.

Went in to see the derma doc....He said it didn't look cancerous to him but he wanted to biopsy it. He did and about 10 days later it came back fine. Now I cover myself with sunscreen if I'm going to be outside for more than 10 minutes.

Oh yeah, and I dropped my regular doctor for being such a **** alarmist and ruining my Christmas....... ;)

Oh yeah, and what other guys said in this thread about having medical concerns and the internet is true. You spend any time on the net and you'll have yourself convinced that you're Brian Piccolo in the final scene of Brian's Song.......

L.Rover and/or Sdogg, have you had to remove your cysts through surgery? I know USA51 said he didn't need it to be removed (I guess he's gone any way though from his thread).

Went to see a urologist today. He supported the diagnosis of the other doctor. He's saying it's a cyst... a spermatocele to be specific. I was scheduled for an ultrasound an hour after the appointment just to make sure of the diagnosis, but I didn't want to be billed at home. I do not want my Mother to find out.

So I asked if I could do it 2-4 weeks from now at the NCSU health center, and I was given the approval for that. It's almost a certainty though that it is in fact a cyst.

I really don't want surgery. I'm done with this thread if some of you are uncomfortable with it.

EDIT: One more important question, can you still have sex without worsening the condition? A spermatocele is basically filled with fluid and dead sperm. So I don't know if sexual activity can affect the cyst. Don't want to be graphic or anything. I just realized that I should've asked the doctor today. He charges for calls though, so if no one knows here, I can wait until the ultrasound before I ask another doctor.

L.Rover and/or Sdogg, have you had to remove your cysts through surgery? I know USA51 said he didn't need it to be removed (I guess he's gone any way though from his thread).

Went to see a urologist today. He supported the diagnosis of the other doctor. He's saying it's a cyst... a spermatocele to be specific. I was scheduled for an ultrasound an hour after the appointment just to make sure of the diagnosis, but I didn't want to be billed at home. I do not want my Mother to find out.

So I asked if I could do it 2-4 weeks from now at the NCSU health center, and I was given the approval for that. It's almost a certainty though that it is in fact a cyst.

I really don't want surgery. I'm done with this thread if some of you are uncomfortable with it.

EDIT: One more important question, can you still have sex without worsening the condition? A spermatocele is basically filled with fluid and dead sperm. So I don't know if sexual activity can affect the cyst. Don't want to be graphic or anything. I just realized that I should've asked the doctor today. He charges for calls though, so if no one knows here, I can wait until the ultrasound before I ask another doctor.

glad to hear that it isnt cancer. I almost said I am glad to hear that it isnt anything serious, but any abnormality with the yam-bag is serious.

Samething happened with me....got an ultra sound and it was only a cyst. No surgery. The pain I fellt turned out to be my back. Im know suffering with a herniated disk in my back. **** it sucks bad.

That must've been a huge cyst to screw your back up that bad ....

I can't answer your question, but why not let the family know?

• 2 weeks later...
I can't answer your question, but why not let the family know?

If your doctor hasn't told you I will. You are normal in every respect, period. Everything is fine. Things come up on the human body, they just do. You can have children and jerk off and all that wonderful stuff. You just have a thing. I have a thing.