Secret meeting of the House of Reps.

From a blog at the Wash Post

House Holds Rare 'Closed Session'

UPDATE 4:12 PM ET: House Democratic leaders have agreed to the GOP's request that the chamber go into secret session today to discuss terrorist surveillance legislation. The session will last one hour, with the time equally divided between the majority and the minority.

ORIGINAL POST: House Republicans plan to call later this afternoon for the chamber to hold only its sixth "closed session" in history to discuss updating the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. Democrats have not yet decided whether they will support the move, which requires a floor vote, saying only that the idea is "under discussion."

From a blog at the Wash Post
Ok it was the sixth, thanks for that piece.. I did hear, however, other things were discussed and have been leaked out. But aside from that information, why would the House hold a secret session on surveillance of Americans? And yes, Americans, too, as this was about the FISA legislation. It's a question that should be asked and should be seriously considered.

Possibly because they didn't want to put surveillance methods on the record? When they were monitoring certain international bank account activity related to terrorist front groups a few years ago, it was leaked and overnight all the assets dried up and transactions stopped. At least that is as much of the story as I remember right now. It was a pretty sizable blow to the intelligence community.

Then again, I guess they could have been discussing satanic rituals and whether Obama or McCain pulled off the mask and robe look better...

I think this was only the 4th secret meeting for them in history. Does anyone else not ask the question, "Why secret?"

I don't see the need for secrecy, we all know they're wasting our money and that they're basically pieces of human debris.

Is it ok to call a politician a piece of human debris ??????

Ok it was the sixth, thanks for that piece.. I did hear, however, other things were discussed and have been leaked out. But aside from that information, why would the House hold a secret session on surveillance of Americans? And yes, Americans, too, as this was about the FISA legislation. It's a question that should be asked and should be seriously considered.

As the session lasted only an hour I doubt there was time to debate the vast secret agendas I've seen posted. The debate may have been secret but the bill was not. Such sessions are usually done in committees, but the GOP felt the need to have it in private. I loathe FISA but I have no problem with a secret debate like this.

Possibly because they didn't want to put surveillance methods on the record? When they were monitoring certain international bank account activity related to terrorist front groups a few years ago, it was leaked and overnight all the assets dried up and transactions stopped. At least that is as much of the story as I remember right now. It was a pretty sizable blow to the intelligence community.

Then again, I guess they could have been discussing satanic rituals and whether Obama or McCain pulled off the mask and robe look better...

Does the House hold sessions to discuss specific monitoring of specific banks? I don't think they do, as is, the entire House would not be holding a session about the monitoring of a certain bank or even certain people. They make the laws, not enforce them.

I have heard there were other much shocking and horrifying things talked about, however, I won't post them here. Anyone is interested can research it on their own and then make a decision. I don't know whether these things are true or not, but I try to keep my eyes open and watch.

Side note: I just read on another site that this was just the 4th time, so I guess there is conflicting info on whether this is the 4th time ever or the 6th time. Either way, it doesn't happen very often, and I think every American should at least ask themselves why.