your honest opinion here (from the saints fan)

mike h

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gritz
honestly since our division, in my opinion is the tougest of all give me your division winner , as much as i love the saints give me your thoughts.

In all sincerity you guys should win it. Vilma is going to be a great anchor for you guys D and Sedrick Ellis is going to be a really good DT.....

Bucs...Maybe Saints. I just don't trust the Saint Defense, or the NO running game.

Sedrick Ellis solifiies that Saints Defense. They could never stop the run before but they certainly can now. Not sure about their Secondary, though.

Their Offense has too many weapons. Saints have always had great Offenses, and this year is no exception. I think it will be a dog-fight between the Bucs and Saints, esp. if Tampa gets Favre.

Guest Gritz
Bucs win by a mile... Sorry our defense is too much for ya'll.

Your D might slow down the Saints a bit, but your O isn't scaring anyone.

The Saints are clearly a better team than you guys are.

Just keeping it real.

Guest Gritz
It's a toss up . Anybody could win it, it'll all depend on injuries. The Aint's look pretty good if they can play some defense. I can't stand Sean Payton(probably spelled wrong) though, probably a good coach he just rubs me the wrong way.(looks like a rat) :D

He's affiliated with the Aint's isn't he?

Bucs win by a mile... Sorry our defense is too much for ya'll.

Your Defense is skeptical at this point. Brooks and Barber should be drawing Social Security right now, And Aqib Talib is an unproven talent (and a trouble-maker, too from what I've read). Monte Kiffin will make that unit good enough to compete against New Orleans Offense, but I don't think it will be good enough.

As far as your Offense goes... Who are your WRs? Galloway? He is nearing retirement. Your Running game depends entirely on Ernest Graham, who I feel over-achieved last year. QB? Garcia has less hair than I do, but he is a good WC QB. Acquiring Favre is your only chance of beating the Saints for the Division Title.

N'Awlins is talented enough to win, but Charles Grant's situation could be a baby version of the distraction caused by YKW. They also have a lot of new faces and chemistry might be an issue all year. Epecially since adding Shockey. Gruden has too many committees (QB, RB) for everybody to be happy and the D might be aging in dog years at this point. I honestly believe Jonathan Stewart can lift Carolina further than Darren McFadden (because of the team and offense, not straight up because of his talent) but I'm not confident he can do enough to help them win the division. I am hoping we win our three home games in the division and spoil one or two of the other team's seasons. Just enough damage to get our confidence and their attention.

The Talent in Tampa is a little different. For an example: We can take a CB from college turn him into a Strong safety and he will be a STUD!(Tenard Jackson). We can draft we dont need to Trade for a Bunch Of "Names" that underachive.

The will have to throw everysingle down to have success next year. They lost there starting center, McAllister is done lets face it, And Bush cant handel the load... Brees will throw like 30 Int this season

The Talent in Tampa is a little different. For an example: We can take a CB from college turn him into a Strong safety and he will be a STUD!(Tenard Jackson). We can draft we dont need to Trade for a Bunch Of "Names" that underachive.

The will have to throw everysingle down to have success next year. They lost there starting center, McAllister is done lets face it, And Bush cant handel the load... Brees will throw like 30 Int this season

You are correct, and no doubt the Bucs have a strong team (have had a good team for many years, thanks to Monte Kiffin). What the Bucs never have had is a consistent Offense, but as you guys proved - Defense wins Championships. Still, I think the Saints have way too much fire-power for any of us to stop. The Bucs have the best chance of us all to stop them, but I don't see it happening this season. Maybe next year... and then you will have to deal with us. :D

With Vilma and Sedrick Ellis, I'd go with the Saints. Everybody knows they can score points, but I think it'll be their defense that carries them. I hate to say it, but I could easily see them getting to the superbowl.

On a Rookie That wasn't even the top prostpect in his position, And Vilma who hasn't done anything since his days at Miami???

Really...

RIGHT NOW ..... I'M THINKING SAINTS OR BUCS. BUT NEITHER BETTER NOT STUMBLE

BECAUSE WE'LL BE RIGHT THERE WAITING TO TAKE OVER. THIS WILL BE THE MOST

UNDER-RATED FALCONS TEAM EVER. LET US GO 3-2 OR BETTER IN THE FIRST 5

GAMES AND ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. NEVER DISMISS THIS FALCON TEAM FROM

CONTENTION. THEY WILL BE BETTER THAN MOST THINK.

Guest Gritz

McAllister might be done, but a combo of Stecker and Bush is still better than what you have....... <_<

Okay, since you know Tampa will come out on top, what do you see from either of the other teams that might worry you? Even if you're well coached and talent-laden, you don't see anyone as a POTENTIAL threat? It doesn't make you less of a fan to respect your opponents.

Guest Gritz
Didn't Stecker retire? I would have to disagree with the rest :rolleyes:

If he did I missed it.......

Just checked their current roster. Stecker's still on it......

Okay, since you know Tampa will come out on top, what do you see from either of the other teams that might worry you? Even if you're well coached and talent-laden, you don't see anyone as a POTENTIAL threat? It doesn't make you less of a fan to respect your opponents.

Hmmm I thought I heard Stecker retired... The Honest way I see it is tampa 12-4, The Falcons will be highly underrated and pull off a ton of upsets(Not on my Bucs thou :D) Mayeb finish 8-8, then the Aints who will greatly be overrated and will stink yet again! And the Panthers who will be Done just as soon as Delhomo gets hurt Will finish way below .500

I expect Fox to be Fired The saints to finish 6-10 And yet still will be evryones favorite the following year for some reason.