Smith and Co.'s Biggest Hurdles

To me guys, this is going to be a very interesting season, taking into consideration what happened to us last season. There are many wounds left to be sewn up and nealed, namely TEAM UNITY AND CONFIDENCE. These are going to be 2 biggest hurdles that Smith and staff are going to have to work on. Yes, the team is filled with very good athletes and, to me, a terrific staff. Smith and co. are going to have to get these guys to BELIEVE IN THEMSELVES........AGAIN! It's fine and dandy to run plays and work out, but the mental side of the game is just as important as the physical, if not more important at times. This is where LEADERSHIP comes into play. Veteran guys like Abe, Harrington, Turner, Brooking, McClure, Weiner, etc are going to have to "take the bull by the horns" and be LEADERS......CONFIDENCE BUILDERS! Smith has GOT to get these guys to believe they can compete with anyone in the league. Stranger things have happened! I have all the confidence in Smith and staff to get the job done.........the players have to buy the system, though. The only way they can buy the system is to BELIEVE! As they say on the NFL Network -- BELIEVE IN NOW!!

GO FALCONS!

Smith said leadership starts on the field on 790 this morning.Smith has clock management to consider.1st year coaches make mistakes with the timeouts.Penalties and challenges are a problem early.Does the offense fall behind with the defensive head coach?How much rope does he give van gorder?

I think coach Smith is one of the best motivators out there.....I'm glad he is with us! Remember who we had last year to talk to the players?? And petrino didnt do much talking at all to his players.....We have done a complete turnaround as far as coaching goes!

Hey, and nice picture of RUSH!.......Is that a washer and dryer in the background?

I think coach Smith is one of the best motivators out there.....I'm glad he is with us! Remember who we had last year to talk to the players?? And petrino didnt do much talking at all to his players.....We have done a complete turnaround as far as coaching goes!

Hey, and nice picture of RUSH!.......Is that a washer and dryer in the background?

Yes, Geddy Lee (Rush bassist) puts a washer/dryer and a rotating vending machine in back of him instead of amplifiers -- just another wacky thing these guys do. I have followed them forever and it seems as they get older, they do more off-the-wall things -- I guess it keeps them young?

"When you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" (Freewill by RUSH)