UK Cats' Pulley arrested twice

SacFalcFan

HOOVER, Ala. -- Curtis Pulley, a contender for the starting quarterback spot at the University of Kentucky, faces disciplinary action after the school found out yesterday that he'd been arrested twice in the past six weeks.

Pulley was arrested June 12 in Louisville on a charge of marijuana possession and was arrested Tuesday in Hardin County on charges of driving on a suspended or revoked license and having expired or no plates or registration papers, according to court documents.

UK coach Rich Brooks was not available for comment last night but said through sports information director Tony Neely that he became aware of Pulley's multiple incidents yesterday afternoon and that Pulley's punishment could include loss of playing time.

Pulley, 21, was arrested by Louisville police June 12 after a detective saw him smoking marijuana while driving near Phoenix Hill Tavern on Baxter Avenue, according to the police report.

Pulley "threw down the marijuana" when the detective identified himself, and the detective found additional marijuana -- for a total of 2.4 grams -- in the vehicle, according to the report.

Court documents showed that Pulley was placed on diversion on the marijuana charge, The Associated Press reported. In diversion cases, defendants often have a charge removed from their record provided they don't violate the terms of the diversion program.

Court documents showed Pulley was arrested in Hardin County on Tuesday on charges including speeding, driving on a suspended or revoked license and having expired or no plates or registration papers, The AP reported.

Pulley, a junior from Hopkinsville, Ky., came out of spring camp in a battle with sophomore Mike Hartline to replace Andre' Woodson as UK's starting quarterback.

At Southeastern Conference Media Days yesterday morning, Brooks said that, based on the reports he'd received, Pulley and Hartline were "pretty much taking care of business academically and on the field."

"I feel good about both of them," Brooks said. "And it's conceivable that both of them could see action."

In the spring of 2007, Pulley left school for what he called personal reasons. He re-enrolled last fall and redshirted the 2007 season.

During spring football, Pulley expressed regret that he'd struggled to remain focused during his UK career.

"I lost trust from guys when I left school," Pulley said in March. "I feel like I've done pretty good (getting it back)."