Suggestions on Getting a New Phone

Shaud

How much did it cost?

My cousin suggested a blackberry.

I had 2 blackberry pearls, both ended having trackball issues. if it wasnt for the trackball issues i would have loved the phone. had the first one from march 07-feb. 08 and then got it replaced in feb and had the second one from feb 08-july 08.

about 2 weeks ago i purchased the palm centro and i really like it. touchscreen, camcorder, pretty small, comes in 3 different colors w/att. its a really good phone and i would recommend it but the only 2 problems i've witnessed so far are that the battery dies kind of quick and the buttons are kind of small and spaced a little to close together.

blackberry pearl

blackberry-pearl-8100.jpg

palm centro

palm_centro_blue_l.gif

Boss how much are we talking here?

ATT

for the centro retail is at $319 and $169 if you sign a 2 year contract. there is also a $100 dollar mail in rebate which would bring it to a grand total of $69 IF you sign the contract and are new i think.

the pearl is retail at $349 and if you sign the 2 year contract it would come down to $249. i dont think there is a mail in rebate for the pearl.

****** I'm cheap, well I don't really need anything special anyway.

Time to go negotiate for something cheap. :D

what company are you lookin at bro? the pearl is 100 at Tmobile, and the wife pearl is 149.

Boss how was the textin on the pearl, because im lookin at getting the wifi one, when i switch to Tmobile. i could use that hot spot at home, when im at School, since wifi is everywhere, plus plans are cheaper.

what company are you lookin at bro? the pearl is 100 at Tmobile, and the wife pearl is 149.

Boss how was the textin on the pearl, because im lookin at getting the wifi one, when i switch to Tmobile. i could use that hot spot at home, when im at School, since wifi is everywhere, plus plans are cheaper.

Man im with Suncom(whack), it's a South Carolina thing.

and North carolina. i knew i chick from NC that was talkin bout it. you gonna change to a different company or stay with suncom? I say go with tmobile, because its cheaper for a 1person plan than other companies.

and North carolina. i knew i chick from NC that was talkin bout it. you gonna change to a different company or stay with suncom? I say go with tmobile, because its cheaper for a 1person plan than other companies.

Right now I'm staying with Suncom.

There's something wrong when you have to put the area code in for local calls. I was stuck win SunCom for a year and got out ASAP. The only thing good about them is they use a SIM card and you can put that in just about any phone that accepts them and it will work on the network.

T-Mobile bought SunCom sometime back. It will be rebranded as T-mobile sometime in the near future I think. The Sprint Instinct is a pretty good competitor to the Iphone. The Instinct runs $229 with a $100 mail in rebate for a net price of $129. It will be great if you want to browse the "true web", but not quite as good for email. In a couple of months the HTC Diamond will be coming out on the Sprint network and it's supposed to be a really hot phone as well. Palm is coming out with a new model very soon on Sprint. I believe it has WIndows Mobile 6.1 and supports Wi-Fi as well.

Just bought my iPhone today, had the BlackJack II before that. It's a pretty good phone (this is Cingular), that's easy to use for texting and stuff. Only draw back is that Cingular is probably the most expensive of every provider out there. :P

Don't get a Crackberry.... They're POS's. I had 4 and every one had at least one problem, mostly software stuff, but some were defective materials.

you tried the pearl? im gonna get it, because i really dont have a choice. i need a phone with wifi and web browsing for tmobile.

you tried the pearl? im gonna get it, because i really dont have a choice. i need a phone with wifi and web browsing for tmobile.

I had T-Mobile once and their coverage in my area was horrible. I don't really like any of the phones they offer. I have, however, used an unlocked Pearl and the Curve and hated both. I don't like the Crackberry at all in any form. I've tried them on a few networks and they're too buggy for me. I also don't like that they will not run Windows Mobile. Personally, I prefer the Treo for a smart phone. You could use an unlocked one on T-Mobile, but you won't be able to use all of it's features on their network. If it were me, and I used T-Mobile, I think I'd probably go with either the Sidekick or the Wing.

You should get the Curve it has a full keyboard unlike the Pearl where you have 2 letters associated with each button.

ill check it out. its cheaper than the pearl with the same specs, but i do kinda lik eht pearl which is why i want to know from boss is it hard to text with it. i am only using the phone for pics, text, and talk. i am switching to tmobile, since they are the cheapest for single person, and i dont want metro PCS. Also since my college has wifi everywhere i can use their hotspot at home anywhere and not waste mins.

sorry Gfan but yea the pearl's texting was pretty good and the phone had pretty cool features. it didnt have a full qwerty keyboard like the curve and a lot of the other smart phones, but it was still pretty easy to text with it once you got the hang of it. plus its pretty small. i liked everything about it, but i was just unlucky i guess and both broke on me. when i visited the ATT store the guy told me that the pearl is one of the least returned phones and people dont usually have problems with them so idk, maybe it was just me. if you do get one good luck and as long as you dont have any problems with it you'll probably love it.

sorry Gfan but yea the pearl's texting was pretty good and the phone had pretty cool features. it didnt have a full qwerty keyboard like the curve and a lot of the other smart phones, but it was still pretty easy to text with it once you got the hang of it. plus its pretty small. i liked everything about it, but i was just unlucky i guess and both broke on me. when i visited the ATT store the guy told me that the pearl is one of the least returned phones and people dont usually have problems with them so idk, maybe it was just me. if you do get one good luck and as long as you dont have any problems with it you'll probably love it.

thanks for the info. how was the camera on it also? i like the phone, since it doesnt have a full keyboard. I want a smaller phone. one of my friends had it, and it was small compact, which i didnt expect from a PDA phone. I hope i dont have a problem with it, but i think its gonna be my phone. i was only worried bout the keyboard, since i heard it was small.