How the Atlanta Falcons Could Win the Super Bowl

Wild Bill

:huh:

LINK

How the Atlanta Falcons Could Win the Super Bowl

By DP Fitzsimons, published Jul 28, 2008

THE GOOD NEWS IS...they play in football's weakest division.

THE BAD NEWS IS...they will have to take a team that finished 4-12, then put a rookie quarterback at the helm to try to make the super bowl.

THIS COULD HAPPEN IF...the following things miraculously fall into place. First and foremost, Matt Ryan will have to have a rookie season on par with Dan Marino's rookie campaign in 1983. Ryan has the tools and Marino did not start until the sixth game in his rookie year and yet led the Dolphins all the way to the Super Bowl. Marino lost, but at least proved a rookie could get his team into the most televised event of the year.

To have any hope of doing this, Ryan will need to have Michael Turner, Atlanta's big free agent coup produce at the rate he did for the Chargers when LaDainian was out of the line-up. This is actually quite likely to happen especially if the Falcons other first round pick, Sam Baker can have anything close to the rookie season Joe Thomas had on the O-line for Cleveland last year. The winged ones will need all of these things to happen if they are to have a chance to get to the Super Bowl.

The Falcons did have a great draft as evidenced by the two aforementioned studs and their next three picks: LB Curtis Lofton, FS Chevis Jackson and WR Harry Douglas.

They will also need career years by the promising WR Roddy White as well as LB Michael Boley, DE John Abraham and SS Lawyer Milloy on the defense.

Needless to say this all must happen in order to break out of the shadow of Michael Vick, but if they can somehow win the close ones and muster up a 9-7 record and just get into those playoffs, the Falcons could ride a hot QB or hot RB onto a 3 or 4 game win streak and have a Baltimore Ravens type of dream postseason. This is the same franchise that went from nowhere to 14-2 with Dan Reeves ten years ago so anything is possible.

CHANCES OF MOST OF THIS HAPPENING: 8% (better than most would think)

MY PREDICTION: 6 to 10 wins (ultimately, I think Matt Ryan needs a season under his belt before he will begin to orchestrate the miraculous)

MEDIA CONSENSUS: 4 to 7 wins (they sucked last year and will start a rookie at the most important position on the field, QB)

I have a friend who went to Las Vegas earlier this summer and, on a whim, bet $5.00 on the Falcons winning the Super Bowl. As many of us know, it was 150-1 odds. (All bets like this, no matter which team you bet on, are sucker bets, because they never pay off anywhere close to the actual odds - assuming the actual odds could even be accurately calculated.)

I told him that if the Falcons did come through, I would fly with him back to LV at my own expense to personally witness him cash the ticket. I suspect there might be some publicity involved with a Falcons true-believer winning big - or at least winning $750.00.

It's not impossible, but it wouldn't be prudent to bet too much on this proposition. But, oh would they be talking about that team for a long time.

I have a friend who went to Las Vegas earlier this summer and, on a whim, bet $5.00 on the Falcons winning the Super Bowl. As many of us know, it was 150-1 odds. (All bets like this, no matter which team you bet on, are sucker bets, because they never pay off anywhere close to the actual odds - assuming the actual odds could even be accurately calculated.)

I told him that if the Falcons did come through, I would fly with him back to LV at my own expense to personally witness him cash the ticket. I suspect there might be some publicity involved with a Falcons true-believer winning big - or at least winning $750.00.

It's not impossible, but it wouldn't be prudent to bet too much on this proposition. But, oh would they be talking about that team for a long time.

I got $250 on Atlanta to win the division at 25 to 1. That really could happen it they go 9-7 or 10-6. Get a couple of breaks, make some frigging FG's .......................................... hello $6'250 B)

LMFAO @ this thread!

Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'

Keep movin', movin', movin',

Though they're disapprovin',

Keep them Trolls movin' Rawhide!

Don't try to understand 'em,

Just rope and throw and grab 'em,

Soon we'll be living high and wide.

Boy my heart's calculatin'

My true Troll will be waitin', be waiting at the end of my ride.

Move 'em on, head 'em up,

Head 'em up, move 'em out,

Move 'em on, head 'em out Rawhide!

Set 'em out, ride 'em in

Ride 'em in, let 'em out,

Cut 'em out, ride 'em in Rawhide.

Trollin', Trollin', Trollin'

Rawhide!

Though the streams are swollen

Keep them Trolls rollin'

Rawhide!

Rain and wind and weather

****-bent for leather

Wishin' my Troll was by my side.

All the things I'm missin',

Good vittles, love, and kissin',

Are waiting at the end of my ride

CHORUS

Move 'em on, head 'em up

Head 'em up, move 'em on

Move 'em on, head 'em up

Rawhide

Count 'em out, ride 'em in,

Ride 'em in, count 'em out,

Count 'em out, ride 'em in

Rawhide!

Keep movin', movin', movin'

Though they're disapprovin'

Keep them Trolls movin'

Rawhide!

Don't try to understand 'em

Just rope, throw, and brand 'em

Soon we'll be living high and wide.

My hearts calculatin'

My true Troll will be waitin',

Be waitin' at the end of my ride.

Rawhide!

Rawhide!

Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'

Troll?!?!?

You're obviously new around here, son.

I'm no troll. As the season goes on, I think you'll find that I'm just honest as ****, both about your Falcons, and my Saints.

And I will NEVER pass up a chance for some good smack talk with my feathered friends.

B)

I'm thinking of throwing $100 down on it. If it happens I'll probably explode. If not I blow more than that on a Friday night. I will go $50 on the division so I have a good chance of at least breaking even. This is gonna be the team I waited all these years for. If not this year than soon. Plus we should have some good karma comingng ouway.I.believe ,but I always believe this time of year.

I got $250 on Atlanta to win the division at 25 to 1. That really could happen it they go 9-7 or 10-6. Get a couple of breaks, make some frigging FG's .......................................... hello $6'250 B)

Goodbye $250. ;)

Troll?!?!?

You're obviously new around here, son.

I'm no troll. As the season goes on, I think you'll find that I'm just honest as ****, both about your Falcons, and my Saints.

And I will NEVER pass up a chance for some good smack talk with my feathered friends.

No worries, jatch, some people are touchy. I love my Falcons but I've enjoyed some great give and take with some Saints fans at games. Dam* those parasols!

GO FALCONS!!!