1st Fight

Big Duke 6

Excellent!!!

I'm sure it was nothing malicious, just frustrations pouring over a little...maybe Lawyer playing the role of veteran and checking the toughness of the rook in Harry Douglass...

Glad to see he didn't back down...no fear! That's the only way you earn respect in this league...gotta man up!

Veteran Leader showing the Rookie the ropes, I don't think Milloy is the fighter type. But if you do something wrong and you are stubborn about it, I'm sure he will get it across to you.

Lawyers very vocal,just flexing Im sure.Young dog trying to make a play etc.

"Harry is a confident young man," Smith said. "There's no doubt about that. You like to see that in a rookie. Of course, at this time of the year, tempers get a little bit short, but it was all in good fun and fun to watch. I don't know if it was the best thing to do to a guy who has been in this League for a very long time, but I was excited to see them get a little bit riled up."

Great quote from the HC...that's pretty much all there was to it...great time of the year...

Guys are ready for football...

mike smith on the douglas-milloy fight:

Q: Does Harry (Douglas) know that Lawyer (Milloy) is a 13-year veteran in the League?

A: “Harry is a confident young man. There’s no doubt about that. You like to see that in a rookie. Of course, at this time of the year, tempers get a little bit short, but it was all in good fun and fun to watch. I don’t know if it was the best thing to do to a guy who has been in this League for a very long time, but I was excited to see them get a little bit riled up.”

I have always been a HUGE Lawyer Milloy fan... I wanted us to sign him when he left NE five years ago and signed with BUF... he made the Pro Bowl the next two seasons.

I'm glad we have him. He's our version of Rodney Harrison. Old legs, but a wealth of football knowledge and just enough ability left to still be a player in system that doesn't expose his weaknesses. His prescense will be impact enough.

This is merely a brief glimpse of why Harry Douglas could very easily evolve into the next Wes Welker: he has no fear.

He'll take the hit during a pass across the middle and still torch the D with some very nice YAK.

Nice to see some emotion and passion, without the kind of drama that we had last year, isn't it?