Those F%#@ing ramp meters at interstate on ramps

I have been the victim of ramp meters at Indian Trail and Jimmy Carter on I-85. They seem to just back up traffic on the on-ramp where there was never a problem before. It seems like they just moved the traffic back up off the highway and onto the ramps! My 30 minute commute is now a 40 minute commute. Thanks, Sonny.

I tried to respond to this thread and the board kicked me out and told me to sign in again. Should I pay my subscription fee??

I wanted to say that back before they lengthened the entrance ramps several years ago, they tried those lights that let only one car enter at a time. It was a problem then but more of a problem now because the traffic is so much heavier. The traffic trying to get on !-285 AT P'

tree Ind backs up for a mile during rush hour.

I tried to respond to this thread and the board kicked me out and told me to sign in again. Should I pay my subscription fee??

I wanted to say that back before they lengthened the entrance ramps several years ago, they tried those lights that let only one car enter at a time. It was a problem then but more of a problem now because the traffic is so much heavier. The traffic trying to get on !-285 AT P'

tree Ind backs up for a mile during rush hour.

Yeah try getting from 285 to I-20 EB at rush hour. That ish is ridiculous.

They are putting those on every onramp of I575 and its the dumbest thing ever. Not only have they all just been sitting there unused for a couple months since they have put them in but they wont serve any purpose anyway. Congestion on the onramp is nearly never a problem on 575.

Not to mention I have my serious doubts about whether people will be smart enough to know how they work. Since we really don't have them down here lots of the people will be seeing them for the first time its going to an EFFING MESS dealing with people holding up traffic or just flat out blowing past them.

Its kinda stupid that I'm directly paying to screw myself over.

It's those red lights that the Georgia DOT is installing at interstate on ramps in the name of traffic control. I don't know why they are called "ramp meters" but that's what the DOT calls them.

Apparently some people at DOT feel compelled to do something to "justify their existence". Right or wrong.