Actually Joey has a decent arm....

Emmitt

I went to the Saturday morning practice. The thing that stood out to me was Joey's arm. He has a nice live arm. I know in games he appears to have the arm strengh of an old Joe Montana, but in practice he had some nice zip on the ball and was accurate with his attempts.

I'm not saying I want Joey starting, but I am saying that you can't go by the sterotypes you read on the board all the time.

Sorry, I'm not my usual bumbling self today with my posting, but those post take a good deal of time to come up with.

Emmitt

I went to the Saturday morning practice. The thing that stood out to me was Joey's arm. He has a nice live arm. I know in games he appears to have the arm strengh of an old Joe Montana, but in practice he had some nice zip on the ball and was accurate with his attempts.

I'm not saying I want Joey starting, but I am saying that you can't go by the sterotypes you read on the board all the time.

Sorry, I'm not my usually bumbling self today with my posting, but those post take a good deal of time to come up with.

Emmitt

Hey Emmitt, we've missed you around here. We need some humor.

i dont care if he has a decent arm

he takes too long to make a decision and he throws soft like marshmellow when it matters. sometimes its like watching it in slow motion

byron leftwich has a very strong arm. it doesnt mean anything if he cant play the quarterback position as well as someone else on the team.

Sorry, I'm not my usual bumbling self today with my posting, but those post take a good deal of time to come up with.

Emmitt

Well, can you go by this:

Harrington's Career Stats

I agree..not the sharpest knife in the drawer... :huh:

I'm not defending Joey because I don't want him as the starter either, but I don't question his mind. He sound quite intellegent in his interviews.

On the field though, it's a different story. To be honest I don't know how I would react to those beatings he took either. I might be the same way. But, I can't judge since I've never been there myself.

Emmitt

I'm not defending Joey because I don't want him as the starter either, but I don't question his mind. He sound quite intellegent in his interviews.

On the field though, it's a different story. To be honest I don't know how I would react to those beatings he took either. I might be the same way. But, I can't judge since I've never been there myself.

Emmitt

Joey takes quite long to answer his questions in interviews

Joey takes quite long to answer his questions in interviews

Any communications teacher worth their salt, will tell you to formulate your answer in your head before you start to speak. Just signs that he actually went to class....

No disrespect intended, Emmitt, but from where I was sitting this morning, Joey looked - NOT GOOD. He again seems to take a while to decide what to do (and this is only practice), and I saw him throw behind at least 2 receivers. Both were short passes, and both guys were open, Joey just threw it behind them - with no pass rush.

That said, much to the dismay of all the Dawg fans on the board, D.J.S. was very, very inaccurate. His throws were seriously off target. And I mean most of the ones I saw.

I don't mean to be antagonizing, or to just report bad news. I'm not trying to start an argument, but that's what it looked like to me.

Differance between Joey at Training Camp & Joey during game time is that he knows that he doesn't have to worry about taking a hit - he can sit in the pocket all day long in training camp and go Eeny, meeny, miny, moe and then some.

Actually the crowd got on to him for taking too long to throw at the Saturday AM practice.

No disrespect intended, Emmitt, but from where I was sitting this morning, Joey looked - NOT GOOD. He again seems to take a while to decide what to do (and this is only practice), and I saw him throw behind at least 2 receivers. Both were short passes, and both guys were open, Joey just threw it behind them - with no pass rush.

That said, much to the dismay of all the Dawg fans on the board, D.J.S. was very, very inaccurate. His throws were seriously off target. And I mean most of the ones I saw.

I don't mean to be antagonizing, or to just report bad news. I'm not trying to start an argument, but that's what it looked like to me.

That's pretty much how it's always been with those two. Talk about pickin' the lesser of two evils. It wouldn't surprise me at all if both guys got cut and we picked up one of Tampa's 10 QBs after the next round of cuts.

No problem. I didn't really watch Joey in the 'team' part on saturday morning. My main commentary was from watching the warm up and some of the basic routs run by the receivers since they were only about 10 yards from me. Mainly no thought process was needed for these drills just do your drop and let it fly. I mainly just want to state that he can actully throw the ball with authority. I haven't seen him do that before this weekend.

I noticed the same thing about Shokley. I'm a big Georgia guy, but he was a bit wild at times when delivering the balls to the receivers doing basic routes. He threw a couple over a few widouts head and we're not talking more than a 15 yard pass.

No problem. I didn't really watch Joey in the 'team' part on saturday morning. My main commentary was from watching the warm up and some of the basic routs run by the receivers since they were only about 10 yards from me. Mainly no thought process was needed for these drills just do your drop and let it fly. I mainly just want to state that he can actully throw the ball with authority. I haven't seen him do that before this weekend.

I noticed the same thing about Shokley. I'm a big Georgia guy, but he was a bit wild at times when delivering the balls to the receivers doing basic routes. He threw a couple over a few widouts head and we're not talking more than a 15 yard pass.

Maybe all Shockley needs is to wear women's underwear. Remember "Bull Durham" ?