Who would you rather have -

I was just reading an article on NFL.com about Russell. I didn't realize he had 4 turnovers against Jax last season. If he did that here, eveyone would be calling him a bust. He is physically more impressive than Ryan in terms of measurables.

I think Ryan is the better choice. What do you guys think?

I was just reading an article on NFL.com about Russell. I didn't realize he had 4 turnovers against Jax last season. If he did that here, eveyone would be calling him a bust. He is physically more impressive than Ryan in terms of measurables.

I think Ryan is the better choice. What do you guys think?

It's not a fair comparison...Russell's played a year, Ryan hasn't.. -_-

It's not a fair comparison...Russell's played a year, Ryan hasn't.. -_-

Not really. He had spot duty in two games and started one. He missed the entire training camp. Basically we don't know much about him or Ryan.

Any way, my point is that so many people here are calling Ryan a bust because he played in the ACC and doesn't have the cannon arm. Russell played in the SEC and has a cannon. I still say Ryan is better.

I would take Ryan. Here's why:

1. Russel is a huge dude. Not only would I be concerned about his weight, but I would also be concerned with his legs holding up under that body. I know he is young, but over the years, that can get bad. Ask Culpepper.

2. Ryans brains. Matt Ryan seems to really "get it" in regards to studying the game and working towards getting better. All I have seen and read about Russell has not left me feeling he will become anything special in this regard.

3. Ryan's unflappable attitude. Matt doesn't seem like the type of guy that can get rattled. He competes and seems to not get down on himself if he is having a bad game. I know it is beaten to death, but I point to that final drive against VT. He was having an awful game to that point, and took the reigns and willed his team to win. Never hung his head.

I CAN'T GIVE AN HONEST OPPINION, I HAVEN'T SEEN NFL RYAN. AND I HAVE NOT SEEN ENOUGH

NFL RUSSELL. BUT SINCE MATT'S THE ONE WE'VE GOT, IT'S SAFE FOR ME TO STICK WITH HIM.

I'm glad we got Ryan and I just think a lot of people around here are disppointed that he doesn't have the skill set of a Vick or Russell. I watched Russell his whole career and was never that impressed. I watched Auburn shut him down so many times. Plus, I've seen him in interviews and he doesn't come across as being the "sharpest knife in the drawer", if you know what I mean. Also, his workethic is proving to be less than stellar. I'm confident that Ryan is sharp, a great leader, and will do the very best he can to be the best.

We'll see.

yeah he just doent seem to grasp the game like ryan does.......Im just going by what I see....I cant say for sure hes not smart.....i dont know the kid...so that isnt really fair of me to judge him that way

It's very interesting to make that comparison. Shouldn't you compare Ryan to a certain QB on our own team? Perhaps your comparison may be that Russell was #1 last year?

Ryan, without thinking twice.

I thought Russel was WAY overdrafted last year. Personally from having watched him play in the SEC and consistantly make poor decisions I thought he should have been a 2-3 rnd developmental prospect. He has size and a cannon, but he reminds me of Jeff George.

I would take Ryan (a bias opinion, I suppose) because he has all the intagibles that you could possibly want in a QB. Ryan Doesn't have a noodle arm, its fairly strong. If he works on his mechanics he can add more velocity to the ball. Russell just doesn't have that desire to play football, as evidenced by him coming in at almost 300 pounds.

I asked, but didn't get a response. I kept asking myself, why compare THESE two....why?? It dawned on me that Russell was the top QB pick last year. Nothing else, just that. B)

hey man, can you like...shorten your sig. it shouldnt take more than 1 scroll to get to the next post.