McClure carted off field at Falcons' camp

Atlchamp99

By D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 07/28/08

Flowery Branch — Falcons center Todd McClure was carted off the practice field this morning during stretching exercises at training camp.

The specific injury or its extent was not immediately known.

McClure started all 16 games for the Falcons last season. He has started 96 straight games, having not missed a game for six straight seasons. Over his career with the Falcons, he has started 118 of 120 games at center.

THIS IS GREAT!

Do we have bottom of the barrel strength and conditioning coaches here in Atlanta or what. I mean we were so hurt last year it wasn't funny and that wasn't a new thing for us. I mean even look at the Braves, they have it bad right now. Hopefully, he just needs to eat some more bananas and drink water.

By D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 07/28/08

Flowery Branch — Falcons center Todd McClure was carted off the practice field this morning during stretching exercises at training camp.

The specific injury or its extent was not immediately known.

McClure started all 16 games for the Falcons last season. He has started 96 straight games, having not missed a game for six straight seasons. Over his career with the Falcons, he has started 118 of 120 games at center.

THIS IS GREAT!

Hope it's not serious. I'm not a McClure fan, but I don't want to see anybody getting hurt.

Ledbetter's article has been updated to say that coach said it was a lower back problem. He did not think that it is too serious.

Good to hear.

I didn't think that it was going to be a big problem when it came to getting hurt while stretching. :D