Ryan's Wind-up Bothers Me...

I'm starting to agree that he should sit for a season and get stronger as well as better acclimated with the playbook...his wind-up takes a quarter to half second off his release and i think that part of it is attributed to his overall strength...based on release alone you can see that Flacco has a stronger arm most definitely but Ryan trumps him in pocket savvy, awareness, and probably overall accuracy at this point as well...although i think he'll be decent wind-up or not to become elite he's definitely gonna have to get stronger...

First,how often do qbs throw over 20 yards?Not many,4 to 8 times maybe?How about the dome?How many dome games have you seen ryan play?I have seen ryan throw in bc a long way.Windy in bc,I have seen bigger arms.Doesnt mean ryan isnt strong enough or will not get stronger.His delivery is fine.

I'm starting to agree that he should sit for a season and get stronger as well as better acclimated with the playbook...his wind-up takes a quarter to half second off his release and i think that part of it is attributed to his overall strength...based on release alone you can see that Flacco has a stronger arm most definitely but Ryan trumps him in pocket savvy, awareness, and probably overall accuracy at this point as well...although i think he'll be decent wind-up or not to become elite he's definitely gonna have to get stronger...

Ive seen some of Matt Ryan's BC games.....In the Dome... the ball will fly.....So thats no problem....

I think that Matt Ryan's arm strength thing is being over blown...... At the college football challenge Matt Ryan threw the ball 62 yards...... Thats good enough for me...lol..... Every one said Chad henne has a strong arm and he only threw the ball 5 more yards longer then Matt Ryan did

The reason why i think Matt Ryan is ready to start is because his awareness, pocket presence,accuracy, and his overall leader skills are NFL QB ready........ The only reason why i would not want him starting is if our O-Line sucked or He has not mastered the playbook......... But his arm strength and skills will not be the problem

plus..... a QB does not have to throw 40+ yards that many times a game

The only reason why i would not want him starting is if our O-Line sucked or He has not mastered the playbook
I wouldn't worry about the playbook part. He was arguably the smartest guy coming out of in the draft. He will easily get the playbook part. I think Coach will wait until the OL looks good, and that is when Ryan gets the ball.

I wouldn't worry about the playbook part. He was arguably the smartest guy coming out of in the draft. He will easily get the playbook part. I think Coach will wait until the OL looks good, and that is when Ryan gets the ball.

Agreed they won't send him out there until the o-line proves they can stay on their feet most of the game.

I'm not as concerned with his wind-up as I am with his release. The pics I've seen he holds his left hand akwardly upon release and that could be trouble if he gets hit right then. A possible injury.

I never thought that was unnatural since I've seen so many right-handed QB's left-hand end up that way when they release the ball. :blink:

Hey, I sure hope the cat in your signature is "de-clawed"....lol!! Poor kid.... :lol:

it should bother you. The slow wind up gives DB's that much more time to jump routes, I don't care how strong his arm is. Ryan isn't worth $72M and will end up being a bust of epic proportions.

I don't know a player currently playing that has a wind up as bad as Lefty.

You know, I didn't know how bad Leftwich's motion was until I saw him and Redman warming up together last year. They were side by side and starting their drop backs at the same time and just doing simle passes on the sidelines. It was stunning to see how slow Leftwich was in relation to Redman (and Redman may not be that fast for all I know).