This is why everybody saying we will go 1-15

ProtoType

We don't have Vick so the media and other fans are saying "oh look Vick is gone, the superstar, so they will go 1-15 because their a bad team now without vick"

I guess this season will make or break, can we win without Vick or can we not win without Vick, thats what the Media and other sport fans is predicting.

Guest Gritz

We didn't have him last year and won 4 games.....Give us a decent placekicker and we win 6 games....with a total jerk of a head coach.....

and we're worse this year?

Okaaaaaaaaaaaay.......... :rolleyes:

People saying it's all about Vick are only fooling themselves. Look at all bad draft picks we've had the past 4 or 5 years. Look at all the bad free agent choices we've made. Look at how many different staffs we've had in and out of here in that time span. There are plenty of reason's people think we will be bad and they are justified in their opinion. We ARE a bad team that this staff can hopefully turn around but it's going to take time. Above all that, this staff has to over come a franchise with a losing mentality and atmosphere. Add to that New Orleans and Tampa should be better making our division harder then last season.

No, everybody is not saying that. Most Falcon Fans believe we will win more games than 1.

YKW was an exciting individual to watch....we're building a TEAM that will be exciting to watch.

I WONDER WHY NONE OF THE EXPERTS PICKED THE GIANTS TO GO ALL THE WAY LAST YEAR?

I DON'T LISTEN TO ........ 'EXPERTS" ..... THEY KNOW TOO MUCH .... OR THINK THEY DO!

Thats what I don't get either, we fixed our kicking problems for at least 3 seasons, Have a coach that knows how to coach, after all hes from a very good Jags team..but yet, no Vick = Falcons suck, im most peoples eyes.

I haven't heard anyone say that. Thank God. I'd have to let them know what an idiot they are. Our line kept us from winning WITH Vick. Our lack of depth hampered us even with the most dangerous player in the league waiting to get on the field. Isn't it crazy? This year the team isn't blindsided with the fact that #7 isn't playing. It's a totally different looking team, staff, and organization. 7-9 minimum.

I WONDER WHY NONE OF THE EXPERTS PICKED THE GIANTS TO GO ALL THE WAY LAST YEAR?

I DON'T LISTEN TO ........ 'EXPERTS" ..... THEY KNOW TOO MUCH .... OR THINK THEY DO!

You always have intellegent things to say......I agree with you and ive been ignoring the so called EXPERTS for years.....It dont matter what they say, hey they were giving the superbowl to carolina for about 3 years a couple of years back.....the games still need to be played you never know what the season holds! whatever the case its going to be fun to watch!!

We don't have Vick so the media and other fans are saying "oh look Vick is gone, the superstar, so they will go 1-15 because their a bad team now without vick"

I guess this season will make or break, can we win without Vick or can we not win without Vick, thats what the Media and other sport fans is predicting.

no, it's the talent level of your roster. That's why everyone says your team is atrocious, and it's true

Remember when we signed Abe and he looked like a beast in week 1? We thought we were set and then with 4 minutes to go and the game basically a lock he blows out his groin.

It takes a little more than skill to win in the league. It takes preparation, mental toughness and sometimes when it comes to injuries, a little luck.

You never know what will happen, that's why the games are played.

The Falcons could get lucky and by week 4 the rest of the teams in the South are down to their third QB, stranger things have happened.

... Look at all bad draft picks we've had the past 4 or 5 years. Look at all the bad free agent choices we've made. Look at how many different staffs we've had in and out of here in that time span. There are plenty of reason's people think we will be bad and they are justified in their opinion. We ARE a bad team that this staff can hopefully turn around but it's going to take time. Above all that, this staff has to over come a franchise with a losing mentality and atmosphere. Add to that New Orleans and Tampa should be better making our division harder then last season.

I agree that some of the picks have been bad, but I think the lack of consistency in coaching staffs/systems has been more detrimental. It's a problem to have a bunch of different coaching philosophies for which to pick players. The GM can't get better at it, and different players are needed to succeed in the different systems. That made McKay look as bad as anything, and it's not 100% his fault. I don't think we'll be a good team, but I really think that this 1-15 garbage is just piling on by lazy media. We are a better team than last year, and still better than MIA, DET, OAK, KC, NYJets, AZ, ST.L, and probably a few others.

I think we're going to suprise people and be 7-9..Defense is gonna be the key because our o-line is still one of the worse in the league.

That's optimistic, I think, but within the realm of reality. I think our OL could turn out to be pretty good though, barring injuries. Our probelms last year were injuries, and therefore a lack of playing as a unit. We also had a rookie OL coach, who didn't demand all the OL to play on the same page. They were all using different techniques, and you just can't succeed with that. This year, Blalock will be better, Baker should be an upgrade at LT, and if he's not Hartsock will be there to help him out until he his. Hopefully Dahl has risen due to his own capabilities, rather than Forney just looking terrible in camps. I think they'll be alright. I think it'll just be up to the play calling and the QB getting rid of the ball to make it easier on them.

apparently.....according to the experts, we have first year GM, coaches, and no clear-cut starting QB. the Dolphins have the same things...with even worse QBs....BUT they have BILL PARCELLS.....which makes them better than us.......i dont understand that ********

I totally agree with you about Parcells. He might very well make a difference, but it won't be seen this year. They will be very bad. Again.