NFL Draft followers, please read

This past draft (and the build up to it) officially made me a "draft-nut." In addition to this, it has also led to me pursuing a degree in Sport Management to hopefully one day fulfill my dream of working with the Falcons or for any NFL franchise, for that matter (I believe Mr. Offseason has the same dream. In fact, he took part in an internship with the Vikings this past summer). In the months leading up to the draft, we had great discussions in this forum. This was easily the best place to talk football on these boards. I hope this will continue.

For the upcoming college football season I'd like to see in-game threads for games involving players we have a great chance at drafting (Andre Smith, Michael Oher, Fili Moala, etc., etc.) With so many of us being in different parts of the country, we should all have great access to some of these great players. This has been done before, but to a much lesser extent (atleast since I've been around). The Thursday night ESPN games should be a great time to have these. I know after being at school or work for the entire day I enjoy coming home to watch and discuss football.

I've noticed that some of you guys have started this already, by posting scouting reports on some of these players. I like this, although sometimes these reports don't tell the whole story. Watching these guys play several times is easily the best way to pass judgement on them.

I plan on starting the college season with a practically clear DVR. I will be recording many games, and watching them whenever time allows. Most of the games I will have access to will be SEC ones, so following prospects from the PAC-10 and other conferences may not be as easy.

I think by watching these guys play regularly, as well as sharing each person's scouting reports, we will have an abundance of knowledge on a ton of these prospects by next April.

In addition to this, we can work together to put up a "top-100" prospect list by the end of the bowl games and/or the Combine.

Let me know if you guys can think of any other ideas to make this "draft season" enjoyable, as well as informative.

Thanks alot. ;)

I'm glad everyone's on the same page here. By doing this, we will know a lot about a ton of prospects, not just the top 10 or so guys.

I love finding the hidden gems. I want to see if any of my lesser known guys do good this year.

Sick 2000 posts in my favorite sub-forum :D

The Draft has to be the 2nd best time of the year. The RS is first. I started getting REALLY involved was after the 2006 season when I joined these boards. I knew when I OFFICIALLY became a fan when I was on these boards 24-7. I watched the entire draft and I wasn't bored a single minute(that is when I knew I loved the Falcons). I just turned 16 at that time and I don't many people that are die hard Falcon fans at that age. I am already looking foward to the 09 draft, but lets watch TC, PS, RS, and FA first!

I love college football, so I watch a ton of it (as for NFL, if it's not Atlanta, it doesn't hold my attention like the college game). I make my own determinations of players that I like, guys that I think will move up or down throughout the college season. I live in Virginia, so I see a lot of the ACC (that's one of the reasons I said last offseason Ryan would be the #1 QB selected before any of the draft services had him close to sniffing round 1). I also get to see a lot of replays of games from other conferences throughout the week with the sports package charter offers.

I agree with you, we're off to a good start this offseason with debates on college players and could easily pool our info together and come up with a top 100 list that would rival any of the "professional" draft prognosticators. There are quite a few very knowledgeable posters here.

Good Luck with your sports management degree if you choose to pursue that. I had given that a little thought myself, but I'm probably a little too old to be doing that now (although the college I'm working on my new degree with does have that as a major), and I can't afford to intern with a wife & 2 kids, which would probably need to be done before getting a paying position.

The reason metalfalcon and jidady started posting these topics was for that exact reason... We can simply find the prospect who has been 'scouted' and add to it. Of course there will be many more players scouted by the guys who frequent this forum, and i am looking forward to reading and contributing to these topics...

This has easily been my favorite forum since i have been a member(late '06 i think). In here its football at its rawest(?)(u know what i mean :P) and everyone in here is looking to improve the Falcons either by scouting college players or splurging their knowledge of the latest FA that may be available...

Heres to another 12 months of awesome posts, conversations and homeristic college feuds :)

Ditto, I'm a big USC fan (Don't know if you are). Do you live on the west coast?

I can't wait for football season to start!

I'm also a big USC fan and I can't wait until the the season gets started. I live in Pomona which is about 15 minutes East of Los Angeles.

Every season I try to attend 1 to 2 games at the Coliseum.

very good post scott, very well said. and yeah i have the same dream. and i would have wished you a happy birthday if you were ever on AIM. GOD

anyways, the past few days i havent been able to get on here for some reason. it said my username wasnt right and then my password wasnt right so i had to reset it and change it back to what it was so id remember it. lol

anyways im back and i have about 14,000 less posts than the last time i was on this board. wooooo hooo.... lol.

im looking forward to the regular season, the college football season and the draft of course. and this is for sure my favorite forum. it has been for a couple of years now. this is where the magic happens man.

good to see all you guys again, i look forward to chatting about the upcoming college football season with all of you.

and scott seriously get on aim. lol

I'm also a big USC fan and I can't wait until the the season gets started. I live in Pomona which is about 15 minutes East of Los Angeles.

Every season I try to attend 1 to 2 games at the Coliseum.

I know where that is, I live in Irvine. I try to get to a few games at the Coliseum myself, I've got tix to the Washington & ASU games this year, I'm trying to get some for OSU and a pair @ UCLA too, not sure if OSU will happen though.....