The 790 guys are so down on the Falcons

after this am practice they were saying not to expect the Falcons to win more than 3-5 gms and it was going to take 3-5 yrs to be a good playoff team. They made a lot of comparisons with other teams that just didn't make sense. They were basicly dogging our offense saying we didn't have any high level players. How bout R White, L Robinson, M Turner, J Norwood, Redman, Ryan, J Balock, T Clabo, T McClure, H Douglas and several others OL's that most folks are under estimating. There's no way it will take 3-5 yrs for this team to be competitive in the playoffs. They act as if we are going to be awful. I disagree and realize there's a good chance we might not win more than 4 or 5 gms, but at the same time nobody knows how this yr will play out. We won 4 gms with all that mess last yr. We have a better coach, a kicker, more talent on offense and with decent QB play we could easily win 7-10 gms with our schedule. Who thought the Clev Browns would win 10 gms last yr or how 'bout the Saints in '06. Ovie Mughelli said in a interview with them that he expected the team to make the playoffs (he should have that attitude and expectations). Those guys later said it won't happen, like it would be a miracle or something if they did or if they won like 6-7 gms. The Falcons will surprise this yr and win more than 5 gms......write it down. We also have a great chance to win our first three home gms.

thoughts.......

They are exactly right. This team is the worst team ever in the NFL. 2 - TWO - ENTIRE DAYS OF TRAINING CAMP - and Matt Ryan has not thrown a football to the Moon yet! I am so sick of this team. Every single MINUTE goes by and NO-ONE can solve Global Warming!? I will not be streaming Falcon games on my computer any more. EVER!

They are exactly right. This team is the worst team ever in the NFL. 2 - TWO - ENTIRE DAYS OF TRAINING CAMP - and Matt Ryan has not thrown a football to the Moon yet! I am so sick of this team. Every single MINUTE goes by and NO-ONE can solve Global Warming!? I will not be streaming Falcon games on my computer any more. EVER!

Not Funny.Not Funny.

You are a falcons fan so you know our guys.How many of the players you mention are known nationally?Roddy White and turner are the only ones people know.You would need to be a football freak to know that.Watch vegas,vegas.com has spreads and lines.Money doesnt lie or have a favorite.It can be scewed for 1 or 2 games but generally they are right doown to the score.3 to 5 game is a big diffence.We were really a 3 win team last year.Then seatttle took the week off.We are gong to need luck and health to get to 5 games.I disagree on the 3 to 5 years to make the playoffs.More like 2009 or 2010.

Hey I listen to 790 all the time but opinions are like cracks in people's azz, everyone has one. No one predicted us to win the division back in '98 let alone go to the SuperBowl but we did. I remember after we beat the Packers in Lambeau during the playoffs MV7s first year as a starter all kind of positive predictions were made for the next season. We were a shoo-in to make the NFC championship game. Next thing you know #7s leg is broken and then Blank fires Reeves and everything went to crap. No one could have predicted that so don't look too much into 790s predicitons, they have no crystal ball and soon as the Birds start winning they'll be the 1st one saying they knew it was going to happen. I mean really, did anyone see the Aints having the season they had after Katrina. If anyone claims to, they are lying through their teeth! ;)

not sure who they were. I'm from NC and came down for a mini vacation to watch the Falcons at training camp. These guys are locals because they were at practice and interviewed Ovie after practice. They knew a lot about the falcons but I was not impressed. One guy didn't know which position J Balock played last yr. They were very very negative. but it's was the locals that do something with the Falcons during the reg season as far as 790. The guys on 680 were more upbeat and positive and realistic. But the jerks on 790 absolutely don't give us a chance. My wife was listening and she said why would the Falcons even play the season. They won't win a gm according to these guys.It was that bad......sorry guys but I've been a Falcon fan since 1975 and been to training almost every yr since 1983 and we are not that bad. We will surprise even if that means only winning 6 gms

i dont get how any1 can say we are not gonna win more than 6 games. i mean last year our offense did a complete 180. went from run heavy to pass heavy. went from cut block to real blocking system. went from 2 wides 1 TE sets to 3 and 4 wide sets.

the offense we run now is half way between last years and 2006. its a baby step. we have 1 more power run game Oline( baker) Blalock is a year older, and the Oline has had a chance to adjust to their normal weight. McClure has been in a power run game before with reeves, and is very versatile. Weiner and Clabo are good big Olinemen that can play in the power run. Clabo showed us he is a starter at either RT or RG. our passing game is gonna have 3 wide sets and 2 wide sets, plus its gonna be run heavy. with the focus on the run game, which we have great Rbs, then the QB wont be so much under the sunlight

Defense is changing, but we are moving to a cover 2, which only affects the LBs and the Secondary. our best position is LB, and we have 2 cover 2 LBs in Lofton and Taylor. Brooking and Boley are Vets that can lead the team on the outside. Secondary we have Milloy as our vet, and Coleman is gonna be a great cover 2 FS for us. we did lose Hall, but in the cover 2 its not bout Cbs as its about S in the secondary, plus we got chevis jackson and von hutchins, plus houston and grimes will get better as the learn in TC.

I have no love for the 790 guys. But, even though the team looks promising, I'll re state what I said in another post:

I think ATL will win more than the one game some are predicting.

Other teams are making themselves better, too, so I think if they win 4 again this year, I won't be too upset.

I do think it will take 3 seasons to be playoff competitors.

More than anything, I want to see this coaching staff and FO take the time to build a strong franchise that will be contenders each year for many years. Not just one year wonders.

And, as you say, I realize that everyone has opinions. This is just one clown's thoughts.................. :P

I limit my local radio to Buck & Kincade on 680 in the afternoons. Their morning

guys don't talk sports anymore than the guys on 790. I have Sirius and the "gurus"

are really down on us as well, but they will flip flop if we win our first game and

show a little strength in doing it. Right now I have not heard a single talking head

giving us a chance to be anything but be a joke. So when they claim they "called it" I

am not buying that one minute.

Let them look down on us. Honestly I'd rather exceed expectations than not live up to them. We will definitely have a better team than last year. I don't see how anyone could argue with that. It's a fresh start, we don't have the Mike Vick, DHall, and Pig Sooey Trino distractions over our heads anymore. I'll bet this team surprises.

Let them look down on us. Honestly I'd rather exceed expectations than not live up to them. We will definitely have a better team than last year. I don't see how anyone could argue with that. It's a fresh start, we don't have the Mike Vick, DHall, and Pig Sooey Trino distractions over our heads anymore. I'll bet this team surprises.

IF THEY DON'T, ARE YOU GOING TO PUT IT ON MIKE VICK AND D. HALL?

It doesn't bother me at all what the gurus or local so-called sports guys say about us. Heck I'd rather fly under the radar anyway. If there's anything we do know about this leage is that it is completely possible to go from reallly, really bad to really really good in a short period of time.

Who was it on 790?

Chad Scott was on today, forget who was with him...and yesterday it was Chad Scott and Jeff Wolverton. Chad was better than he was the day after Ryan was drafted...because he went off so bad on the Falcons I thought for sure they'd go to commercial and come back with somebody else after security dragged him out. He was at least a tad bit more courteous in his bashing yesterday.

IF THEY DON'T, ARE YOU GOING TO PUT IT ON MIKE VICK AND D. HALL?

No, I'm not. I'm going to deal with it like I do every year and support my team. I wish Hall and Vick worked out, no one was a bigger Vick fan than me, and DHall will never be happy on a losing team. They were distractions, if the team fails this year, it's on the team. ****, according to the media winning 2 games is exceeding expectations, I think they can do that.

actually...arizona & detroit are the worse teams ever & im sure as soon as we start winning you will be in here trying to be the lead cheerleader

Only thing I listen to on 790 is the Stews. Cube Steak Shapiro is way too full of himself and they should have never got rid of Chernoff. Chernoff and Oliver used to have the best sports discussion and the Stews were the most entertaining. Any show with Cube Steak is bad radio. I'd rather read the Wall Street Journal or listen to jazz