Observations from Sunday PM Practice

formul8or

So I finally got to a training camp practice for the first time and it's all special teams....

Observations:

- Koenan still punts very well.

Other than that I got caught off guard with how soon it ended so I wasn't in the ready spot for autographs, I did manage to get my football signed by many players I didn't know existed on the Falcons. My only notables were Boley, Ovie, and Jenkins.

Ovie was hilarious, telling everyone to go see Boley next which Boley kept saying "Man Ovie cut it out I'm serious".

l_9872a0d096184fca5f6ec8cf66264186.jpg

Hehe always good to hear they are joking and staying loose at camp. It has got to be brutal for them, and a sense of humor will take you a long ways.

I wonder how long before we our first fight in camp? When he was younger, you could always count on Brooking to be one or the first to throw a few boondockers :D

Brook doesn't get much respect on these boards, but he is ONE tough and scrappy competitor. You don't play as long as he has in the NFL without some moxie in your spine.

why do you guy even talk about shockley anymore?

because he went to UGA and UGA is the only sports team that really matters to the masses of Georgia sadly.... Had he gone to any school outside of georgia not only would he not be on our team, but no one would be talking about him.

Nice pic Shiney, but whats up with that pic were snelling is about to get the hand off from DJ but looks like he is not expecting the ball? maybe it's the angle of the picture, what happened right after that pic was taken?

That's DJ trying to dump off to McIntyre but he overthrew him by 15 feet.

Nice pic Shiney, but whats up with that pic were snelling is about to get the hand off from DJ but looks like he is not expecting the ball? maybe it's the angle of the picture, what happened right after that pic was taken?

It was a delayed draw. When Harriington ran it, there was a fumble on the exchange. Right after that, a firetruck drove by with sirens blaring. I told that guy next to me that was pretty bad when a fumble cause a fire somewhere.

Who the hel is mcintyre? They haven't let DJ ever throw to a real nfl reciever.

our backup fullback and special teams captain last year... if you paid a little more attention to the team than Shockley you'd probably get to know some of the lesser players on our team...

IT doesn't matter who he's throwing to when he's underthrowing or overthrowing them by 15 yards... Only Randy Moss could catch that kind of crap...

Hehe always good to hear they are joking and staying loose at camp. It has got to be brutal for them, and a sense of humor will take you a long ways.

I wonder how long before we our first fight in camp? When he was younger, you could always count on Brooking to be one or the first to throw a few boondockers :D

Brook doesn't get much respect on these boards, but he is ONE tough and scrappy competitor. You don't play as long as he has in the NFL without some moxie in your spine.

Full pads...it's a guarantee. somebody will be mixin it up...hmm...I wonder.

our backup fullback and special teams captain last year... if you paid a little more attention to the team than Shockley you'd probably get to know some of the lesser players on our team...

IT doesn't matter who he's throwing to when he's underthrowing or overthrowing them by 15 yards... Only Randy Moss could catch that kind of crap...

I couldn't bare to watch after anymore after the Viking game and I am a UGA homer and college football fan first. Plus it was a delayed draw according to who took the pic. I'm sure Joey threw an INT and I'm sure DJ is not the only one that threw an incomplete pass.

I was there with my step-son and I hoped to be able to see more than special teams but it was still a really cool experiance. My step-son has really taken to football in the past year and watches games with me and we've had a lot of fun with it. It was really cool that they had some jerseys of former players on sale for cheap so I was able to get him a Patrick Kerney jersey so he could wear his own jersey when we watch games (my son and I always wear our old #7's, guess we need new one's too). What I really liked was how every single player signing autographs was really very talkative and extremely pleasant. It made it really fun for him. He's been talking about it all afternoon. I think the highlight for Brandon was getting Boley's autograph. I'm really hoping I can make it to another one with Brandon and my son Ben as well.

post-231829-1217213821_thumb.jpg

I was there with my step-son and I hoped to be able to see more than special teams but it was still a really cool experiance. My step-son has really taken to football in the past year and watches games with me and we've had a lot of fun with it. It was really cool that they had some jerseys of former players on sale for cheap so I was able to get him a Patrick Kerney jersey so he could wear his own jersey when we watch games (my son and I always wear our old #7's, guess we need new one's too). What I really liked was how every single player signing autographs was really very talkative and extremely pleasant. It made it really fun for him. He's been talking about it all afternoon. I think the highlight for Brandon was getting Boley's autograph. I'm really hoping I can make it to another one with Brandon and my son Ben as well.

It really is a great event for the family. The players were all pretty fun to talk to except Coy Wire who kept mumbling to other players he wishes the horn would hurry up and sound.