Wins and Losses.

JBOPPER

I know camp just started and preseason is yet to come,but based on what some of us have seen at camp(for the ones that did go)or seen highlights elsewhere,What is our final record going to be this season? My guess 9-7,playoff berth,Mike Smith coach of the year.(I`m very optimistic).

I have them 8-8 but I wouldn't complain about 9-7!

If you tell me most of those wins are in the division, I'll take it. it is much too early still, though. I will say that if we play special teams this year with some tenacity, we can get over the hump of 8-8. That's quite a tall order right now, with all these positions still unsettled.

The Falcons just announced that at all home games :

No score will be kept

Interceptions of the Home team QB do no count.

Home team has 2 "do-overs" per quarter.

In addition to these new policies ;records of any away game losses will not be counted.

GO FALCONS !!!

I know camp just started and preseason is yet to come,but based on what some of us have seen at camp(for the ones that did go)or seen highlights elsewhere,What is our final record going to be this season? My guess 9-7,playoff berth,Mike Smith coach of the year.(I`m very optimistic).

they look like a 3-13 team but im sure if we visit the opponents training camps the foulcons will look more like a 1-15 team

you mean a true realist. starting over is not an easy thing to do

Dude. The ain'ts started over a couple years ago and won the division. This is the age of free agency. We'll win three games on emotion alone. Three more because we have a kicker. We might actually be able to squeak out a few more if special teams (kicking, punting, and the cover units) perform.

you mean a true realist. starting over is not an easy thing to do

We arent talent-less. We have an offense that can be explosive with R. White, L. Robinson, M. Jenkins, M. Turner and J. Norwood and a defense that if they play sound will be solid.

8-8 is not a stretch but Im expecting between 7-10 wins.

I rather be "delusional" and hope, instead of giving up like a coward and mark this team as "bad".

The team IS bad.

We need 11 quality players on each side.

We've got 6 at the most on either.

I'm a fan of the Falcons. I will be through 0-16 seasons as well as 16-0 seasons. I'm not giving up. I will root for them every Sunday.

But there's a difference in hope and reality.

And reality is, we aint 10-6 worthy yet.

I really don't see this team as bad as people make it out to be, did people forget that when Petrino left, they actually started to play? Now they have a real coach in Mike Smith, so yeah I really don't see this team as bad as last years at all.

We lost alot of games, due to our kicking situation, which is now resolved with Elam.

Dude. The ain'ts started over a couple years ago and won the division. This is the age of free agency. We'll win three games on emotion alone. Three more because we have a kicker. We might actually be able to squeak out a few more if special teams (kicking, punting, and the cover units) perform.

might even pick up another couple a wins if the other team doesnt show up. that 2 letter word (if) has alot of power behind it wouldnt you say :lol::lol::lol:

We arent talent-less. We have an offense that can be explosive with R. White, L. Robinson, M. Jenkins, M. Turner and J. Norwood and a defense that if they play sound will be solid.

8-8 is not a stretch but Im expecting between 7-10 wins.

wasnt some of that same talent around last year that landed the foulcons a 4-12 record

I really don't see this team as bad as people make it out to be, did people forget that when Petrino left, they actually started to play? Now they have a real coach in Mike Smith, so yeah I really don't see this team as bad as last years at all.

We lost alot of games, due to our kicking situation, which is now resolved with Elam.

when petrino left there was 3 games remaing and the team already locked into the playoffs had nothing to lose except players that were needed to play in the playoffs

wasnt some of that same talent around last year that landed the foulcons a 4-12 record

R. Coleman-injured

J. Harrington-scary

W. Dunn-aging

L. Milloy-aging

T. Weiner-injured

C. Crocker-below average

M. Prater-terrible

We improved in some spots, got some spots healthy and lost a couple of pieces. Our only glaring hole now is experience at CB with D. Hall gone.

FS got better with E. Coleman, D. Cooper is a good FS/SS who could displace L. Milloy this year.

LBs are just as good with more depth. DL was weak but with an improved J.Anderson and addition of G. Jackson we got better.

WRs will be improved, M. Turner is an upgrade and C. Redman is a serviceable starter who is better than J. Harrington by far and M. Ryan so far.

The OL added a good young tackle and the other guys are more seasoned now.

How did we get worse again?