McAllister Hurt in TC, Has an MRI !

Bucman™®

"New Orleans running back Deuce McAllister sat out a practice on Saturday morning because he had fluid drained from his surgically repaired left knee a night earlier and the Saints wanted him to have a precautionary MRI exam before he returned to the field.

McAllister, who is normally limited to one practice per day, said he returned to practice wearing a brace in the afternoon. He said he twisted the knee during practice on Friday morning but was able to finish practice, but was sent for an MRI exam when he experienced swelling in the knee.

The MRI on Saturday revealed that McAllister's knee remained structurally sound.

"Probably the biggest concern this time was the swelling," said McAllister. "Throughout the whole process I hadn’t had a lot of swelling. That’s really why we were precautionary with the MRI this morning, just to find out exactly what it was. Everything came back fine and I’m pretty much on schedule."

McAllister took normal repetitions with the first team during practice and didn't consider the incident a setback.

“No, it’s not necessarily a setback," he said. "It was somewhat of a concern last night when we had to drain it and get an MRI, but my ultimate goal was to be able to participate in the practice and that’s what I did.”

McAllister had surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee last season.

"He had some swelling so we backed off of him this morning," coach Sean Payton said. "Anytime you're coming off of a major surgery, you're optimistic and hopeful. It's just managing the injury."

McAllister, the Saints' all-time leading rusher, has had reconstructive surgery on both knees in the past three seasons. After his first major surgery on his right knee in 2005, he returned to rush for more than 1,000 yards, helping the Saints go deep into the playoffs.

McAllister said he did not anticipate a major change in his approach to the remainder of training camp.

"It's pretty much day-to-day. I always want to at least get one (practice) in," he said. "If it's too stiff, too sore in the morning, we'll try to get it warm in the afternoon practice. If I can't go one day, then it's really not a big deal now. But as it gets later in the season, we may have some worry."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this rep"

Sounds bad to me...

Im no doctor thou :huh:

This is the part of the game that I absolutely hate, but there's obviously nothing you can do about this kinda thing. It's to the point where I cringe every time one of the Falcons' "important" players touches the ball in camp or in preseason.

i agree. i think all fans do.

Man, Deuce's heath is starting to worry me. He has slimmed down from last season , so we'll see.

Much respect for Deuce, but I ain't gonna lie though, I'm on the Pierre Thomas bandwagon.

Lest we not forget the DYNASTY bandwagon either. :D