When was the last time a team was predicted to win only 1 game?

No NFL team can be possibly look so bad in the off-season to be predicted to win only 1 game. And which game do all of these experts see us winning? If you're going to make a lousy prediction like that at least back it up with the single game that we are supposed to win.

No NFL team can be possibly look so bad in the off-season to be predicted to win only 1 game. And which game do all of these experts see us winning? If you're going to make a lousy prediction like that at least back it up with the single game that we are supposed to win.

A bad team needs horrible luck to only win one game.I think its more to be insulting or flashy.Look these guys are so bad and Im so smart.

I tripped on that too cuz I don't recall any team ever being predicted to win only 1 game. The Saints in the past had some pretty bad

predictions too, but never so bad as 1 win.

My theory is that the media wants to make a point that Vick was "everything" to the Falcons and now that he's gone the Falcons are shiz. I don't care how much they harped on about Vick, it never made me think he was going to revolutionize the position.

Setting aside my obvious loyalty and love for the Falcons, the talking heads in sports media will continue to take the simple route (the road less travelled) and predict ongoing gloom and doom for our franchise because it is an easy call. They don't need to research, evaluate and formulate a rational opinion based upon the working pieces that our coaches are trying to assemble as a team. They don't need to watch the newly drafted players or the free agents work together: they only need to preface any Atlanta Falcons article with the words Michael Vick, Felony, DeAngelo Hall or Petrino and they're done..... :rolleyes:

It's almost like they can 'mail-in' a negative evaluation that has us only winning 1 game or so and being the worst team in the NFL. This allows them to spend time hanging on to the bandwagon of the existing NFL super-star teams (Pats, Colts, Giants, Cowboys, Jags, Packers, etc.)

And...to offer a probable response to your question: my guess is that it would have to be the Tampa Bay Sucks during their early years under coach McKay or the New Orleans A'ints, during the bag-over-your-head years. :o

We could go 14-2 this year with a SuperBowl victory and still be in the lower 1/3 in the preseason polls the next year..Fact!

Especially since we have yet to have back to back winning seasons. They would just KNOW we had no chance the next year. We'd probably get picked for 0 wins the next year after a SB. :angry:

Who cares what the "experts" are saying. Most usually say what their viewers want to hear, instead of what they truly believe. Fact is, they always have to hate on a couple of teams a year, and the birds are an easy target. We made some drastic moves in the offseason that the casual fan of the nfl would not understand (like shipping out Dhall, crump, dunn, and Jimmy). Since these people didnt watch falcons' games last year, they don't understand that the team will be better this year without these recognizable faces. I take it as a good thing that the media is projecting a one win season. There's less pressure on all the young guys, and other teams will look past us a little early on. We could have easily won 3-4 games last year with simply more stability. I truly think we'll be able to compete in this division, and next year have a chance to win it.

Ya know, calling the Saints "the a'ints" now sounds crazy coming from a fan of the Falcons. :rolleyes:

As painful as it is to admit: you're probably right; however, that doesn't change the fact that the New Orleans fans were calling their team the A'ints and were the ones wearing the grocery bags over their heads.....

It might not be the case today: but history tells us that is was once so.....

As painful as it is to admit: you're probably right; however, that doesn't change the fact that the New Orleans fans were calling their team the A'ints and were the ones wearing the grocery bags over their heads.....

It might not be the case today: but history tells us that is was once so.....

The fans were sick of the team being perennial losers back then so they protested. Makes sense to me.

They have to pick someone to be worst, and why not the Falcons?

Dismal season the year before.

Major turnover on the field.

Losing two pro-bowlers and gaining none via FA.

Complete turnover in the staff.

No-name coach.

Rookie QB (usually means a great deal of pain, but not always).

Few big names.

No FA splashes outside of Turner, who was a backup.

I can see why people, when they have to pick the worst team, could go with the Falcons. But the people picking us for one win are doing that for shock value. Its no fun to say 4 wins, but if you say one, then it has a bit of wow factor.

But what they forget is that this team wasn't as bad as 4 wins last year. And it was better than the 7 wins the year before, and better than 8 wins before that. Its been an underachieving team for quite a while. This team had its guts torn out by traitors to the team, both players and staff.

No way things can be as bad as last year. And I hope more of them choose us to not win a game.

Wel I can understand them picking us for last place given our season last year, but only picking us to win 1 game is just a joke.

On the good side, it's always comforting to fly under the radar, and that pick has got to be good motivation for the team and coaching staff to feed on.

We really really really do need some back to back winning season though. We must have the world record in pro sports in that regard -_-

If any team could have ever been picked to win one game (aside from the bucs after going 0-14), it would have been the 2007 Falcons.

If anyone picked us to win 1 this year, they don't know their azz from a hatband. I don't expect a lot, but it will be 4 to 5 wins, and maybe a .500 season, which is good enough considering what they have gone through.

Why?Beause you have bush?The saints are one play away like everybody else.

The Saints are loaded with talent and are just as dangerous as Dallas on the NFC side of things. This is depending on several things...primarily....Deuce staying healthy. It does seem like the Saints consistently underperform...kind of like we did during the Vick era....but if Bush learns to actually turn into a Norwood and they have both pieces working (him and Deuce) watch out! We could have the same tandem in our rbs...but largely lack the consistency at Quarterback. Drees is good...sure...he's boring as skim milk....but good.

On paper...the Saints look like they'll win the division. My gut tells me Tampa...then them....then us...then Redneckalina.