The Bears sign Devin Hester to a 4-year, $40 million

atljbo

The Bears sign Devin Hester to a 4-year, $40 million

I know he has to be incentive based but yoooooo... this dude is only a freakin Kick and Punt returner...... I know the guy is the best at what he does but yooo... 40 million .................. This gets to me....... Think of what Roddy White is going to ask for after next season

I know he has to be incentive based but yoooooo... this dude is only a freakin Kick and Punt returner...... I know the guy is the best at what he does but yooo... 40 million .................. This gets to me....... Think of what Roddy White is going to ask for after next season

Interesting...

While in the end it wasn't game changing I would pay that much to a player who scored a touchdown on the Kickoff of the Superbowl in his rookie season. Dude is a beast. If he can be turned into any kind of receiver he is going to be even more fearsome.

It would be interesting to see how the contact is structred, and whether it is heavily incentive based. He will need to become an All-pro WR and continue his outstanding special teams play to even come remotely close to earning that sort of money.

Personally, I think that that the only positions worth $10m a year are elite Qbs and OTs.

He is worth that if he can continue to perform at that level. Most of the time though they don't. Look at Dante Hall. When they start throwing that kind of money at these guys the expectations go up. I doubt they are paying to just return kicks.

This is true. he is supposed to be getting quite a few more looks on offense this year. Plus, doesn't some credit go to the guys making those walls for him to run behind. The secret to good returns, other than speed, is blocking.

Overpaid him. He's not going to break out with 1000+ yard season and 7+ recieving TDs with his QB situation. Heck, even with a good QB I doubt that it happens. He could be deadly in the slot, but I don't think he's No.2 or No.1 WR material. Maybe a few years from now, but not yet.

Sure he's a great special teams player, and thats where he did his damage, but whats the point of paying a ST player that much? I can understand a 15-20 million dollar contract, but this is ridiculous.