For the 100th time people,

He is a 10/5 player, meaning he has first right of refusal of any trade. And he has already stated that he's finishing his career as a Brave.

I understand people's frustrations right now but to say "Get rid of Chipper" after everything he's done for this team and city is just asinine and typical of Atlanta fans, they don't appreciate greatness when they have it.

And I do agree McCann and Escobar are the Cornerstones of this orginazation.

Your post is exactly what is wrong with the majority of Atlanta Braves fans.

That inability to let go of the past and get over all of the "so and so did this for our team, he deserves to go out on his own terms." Yeah, that sounds great, but Chipper Jones isn't doing us any good sitting on the bench for 4-6 games every 2 weeks. He's Mike Hampton, except Chipper sees the field occassionally and usually produces when he does.

I'm so sick of people that constantly live in the past. this is 2008, not 1995.

Your post is exactly what is wrong with the majority of Atlanta Braves fans.

That inability to let go of the past and get over all of the "so and so did this for our team, he deserves to go out on his own terms." Yeah, that sounds great, but Chipper Jones isn't doing us any good sitting on the bench for 4-6 games every 2 weeks. He's Mike Hampton, except Chipper sees the field occassionally and usually produces when he does.

I'm so sick of people that constantly live in the past. this is 2008, not 1995.

To even compare Chipper to Hampton is the height of absurdity IYAM.

Here's the difference between the two: Chipper actually plays through pain.

Chip is retiring w/a tomahawk across his chest. Sorry to tell you.

And yes, Chip deserves all of the repsect and admiration in the world for all he's done here. To think otherwise is IMO, being ungrateful.

I love Chipper as much as the next guy, but the guy just simply cannot keep his body healthy. He's got to go sometime, and it might be better to see if he would accept a trade instead of letting his body continue to break down and having the absence of his bat continue to cost us games.

I love Chipper as much as the next guy, but the guy just simply cannot keep his body healthy. He's got to go sometime, and it might be better to see if he would accept a trade instead of letting his body continue to break down and having the absence of his bat continue to cost us games.

He has said on numerous occasions, and as recently as about a month ago, that he is retiring as a Brave. He's not gonna be accepting a trade.

Sorry to let you down. He deserves every right to finish his career here.

Anyone can be traded.

Apperently you're being dense as well.

Does anyone know what a 10/5 clause states? It means that a player w/10 yrs.of major-league service and has spent 5 years(consecutive) w/the same team can refuse any trade. ANd Chip has said numerous times he won't accept a trade anywhere. He's staying here and is retiring as a Brave.

So no, he's not gonna be traded.

No your being dense. He can be traded. He most likely will not be. Its not an absolute that he cant be traded. You just give your opininon as to why he cant be traded.

It wasn't an opinion, it was a fact. He's a 10/5 player, meaning he has first right of refusal of any trade. An automatic "no-trade" clause. ANd he has stated numerous times that he's not going anywhere.

YOu just can't get up and trade a 10/5 player w/o his permission like you're entailing. It's against the CBA and the Players Union would have a field day. Plus, it would never be approved.

So, b/c of the FACTS I just presented to you, it shows he can't be traded. If he wasn't a 10-5 player then yes, he could be. But he is, so he can't.

People change their minds all the time. Because C. Jones told a reporter he wants to retire as a Brave that does not mean he will be content to play on losing teams for the next four years when a chance to play in another WS comes up. If you believe everything everyone says then, yes, he cannot be traded. If you understand that circumstances change with time and people's attitudes change with them then, yes, he could agree to a trade and be traded. His next contract could come up and the Braves could decide they could not allocate the kind of money a player of Chipper's status deserves. no one would have dreamt Dale Murphy would be traded. You're actually being kind of dense.

This is off-topic, but I don't think this is really going anywhere:

Buster Olney says that Teixeira's most likely destination is Arizona. He said that Chad Tracy could be the big part of a package that we'd receive in return. He didn't mention Conor Jackson.

Also, he said Will Ohman is the most asked about player this deadline. He said a number of teams have contacted the Braves about him. He thinks the Red Sox will get him.

Buster Olney says that Teixeira's most likely destination is Arizona. He said that Chad Tracy could be the big part of a package that we'd receive in return. He didn't mention Conor Jackson.

Also, he said Will Ohman is the most asked about player this deadline. He said a number of teams have contacted the Braves about him. He thinks the Red Sox will get him.

That.s fairly depressing. Tracy is about Texiera's age and has about a half dozen dingers this year. I guess it all depends on the other names and the money that gets freed up. C'est la vie....

And, also, a discussion on ABF not going anywhere? Surely you jest!!!! :lol:

I also think that Arizona is the likely destination, but I don't know how I feel about Chad Tracy.

I would love Conor Jackson, I would even take Mark Reynolds. They have good corner IF and OF depth, which is what we need.

They also have good RHP depth, which is another need. Package a power-bat at either corner IF or OF and a RHP and I think Tex is yours.

nice.....i called Arizona as the WC team in the Tex auction in my thread about the braves being sellers. :P

i'd rather have conner jackson and yusmeiro petit. those two would be a nice set of building blocks to add.

People change their minds all the time. Because C. Jones told a reporter he wants to retire as a Brave that does not mean he will be content to play on losing teams for the next four years when a chance to play in another WS comes up. If you believe everything everyone says then, yes, he cannot be traded. If you understand that circumstances change with time and people's attitudes change with them then, yes, he could agree to a trade and be traded. His next contract could come up and the Braves could decide they could not allocate the kind of money a player of Chipper's status deserves. no one would have dreamt Dale Murphy would be traded. You're actually being kind of dense.

Chipper has shown the BRaves incredible loyalty over his career.

The Braves would be wise to return the favor.

He's not going anywhere,