The Dark Knight

This movie was disappointing. Felt like I was watching The Crow. Without Heath Ledgers performance people are storming the ticket cashier demanding their money back. It had good parts but it seemed like they could have put more action in it. As far as the argument over which Joker was better Id have to say its too hard to call. Both movies were made so differently that theres really no comparison. Overall it really wasnt worth all the hoopla. Heath Ledger made this movie so I dont see it going much farther as far as sequels go. Although Im sure theyll beat the dead horse some more. Just my 2 cents.

Sucks that you felt that way, because I do believe it is my favorite movie of all time. I like how Christopher Nolan does action, it's more "realistic" action. It would be horrible if Michael Bay or Jerry Bruckheimer were behind this movie, then it would have been horrible with a million different explosions and fighter jets.

Christopher Nolan, Christian Bale, and Gary Oldman are all contracted for 3 movies, so we're definitely going to see another one. It may be awhile, though.

Sucks that you felt that way, because I do believe it is my favorite movie of all time. I like how Christopher Nolan does action, it's more "realistic" action. It would be horrible if Michael Bay or Jerry Bruckheimer were behind this movie, then it would have been horrible with a million different explosions and fighter jets.

Christopher Nolan, Christian Bale, and Gary Oldman are all contracted for 3 movies, so we're definitely going to see another one. It may be awhile, though.

Oh I dont hate the movie. What sucks is that Ledger isnt around to carry on his role as the Joker. If they make anymore Batman movies he needs to fight Wolverine or Spider man. Theyve got to put a plot twist in there of some kind. And was that the Scarecrow or the Elephant man in the Dark Knight?arts_Batman.jpg

elephantman4.jpg

Well, first of all Batman will never fight Spiderman or Wolverine, because Batman is a DC Comics character, Wolverine and Spiderman are Marvel Comics characters. I'm holding out hope that they didn't kill Two Face and that he'll come back for the 3rd one.

And LOL @ The Elephant Man, they actually based a lot of Scarecrow's look off of him.

Well, first of all Batman will never fight Spiderman or Wolverine, because Batman is a DC Comics character, Wolverine and Spiderman are Marvel Comics characters. I'm holding out hope that they didn't kill Two Face and that he'll come back for the 3rd one.

And LOL @ The Elephant Man, they actually based a lot of Scarecrow's look off of him.

Yea good point. Although they used to cross over in the comics all the time. This is who he will be fighting.

Batman_vs_Cap_Medium.jpg

Guest Gritz

Oh man I couldn't disagree more with your assessment of DK........

I'm not a big comic book or graphic novel fan at all but I really loved this movie.

If I had never heard of Batman and walked into the theater to see DK I would feel the same way. It reminded me more of a Scorcese crime saga than a film based on a comic book....

The characters were well thought out and nuanced, the plot actually made a great deal of sense, and the settings (being real cities and locales) didn't distract from the flow of the movie.

DK is a great film.

Oh man I couldn't disagree more with your assessment of DK........

I'm not a big comic book or graphic novel fan at all but I really loved this movie.

If I had never heard of Batman and walked into the theater to see DK I would feel the same way. It reminded me more of a Scorcese crime saga than a film based on a comic book....

The characters were well thought out and nuanced, the plot actually made a great deal of sense, and the settings (being real cities and locales) didn't distract from the flow of the movie.

DK is a great film.

It was ok but it just had alot of the Crow feel to it. I kept expecting Funboy to tear around the corner in his blown Gran Torino.

I finally saw it tonight and thought it was fantastic, Ledger's performance somehow lived up to to the hype surrounding it, plot was great, execution was phenomenal. It was a bit long towards the end, it kinda had the "Return of the King" vibe going a little bit when it could have ended several times, but kept going, but that is a small complaint. Great, great movie. I know the Joker was planned to be in future sequels, but I don't see how anyone could fill Ledger's shoes.

I finally saw it tonight and thought it was fantastic, Ledger's performance somehow lived up to to the hype surrounding it, plot was great, execution was phenomenal. It was a bit long towards the end, it kinda had the "Return of the King" vibe going a little bit when it could have ended several times, but kept going, but that is a small complaint. Great, great movie. I know the Joker was planned to be in future sequels, but I don't see how anyone could fill Ledger's shoes.

I agree.

I doubt the next movie will hold much of a candle to this one.

I find it funny how some people can be so critical of this movie, it jumped off the screen for me. TWO thumbs up, easily.

I LOVED the movie. I saw it opening night, and have since seen it again.

As far as the next one goes, I hope they don't rush it, but I would like to see one made in the next 2 to 2.5 years.

I have heard (and this is a big rumor) that Philip Seymour Hoffman has been in talks to play the Penguin, which would be outstanding. It is all rumor, but that would be another huge name to add to this list.

I personally think that Christain Bale is over-shadowed in this film. He really is great, bringing everything Batman was supposed to be.

I LOVED the movie. I saw it opening night, and have since seen it again.

As far as the next one goes, I hope they don't rush it, but I would like to see one made in the next 2 to 2.5 years.

I have heard (and this is a big rumor) that Philip Seymour Hoffman has been in talks to play the Penguin, which would be outstanding. It is all rumor, but that would be another huge name to add to this list.

I personally think that Christain Bale is over-shadowed in this film. He really is great, bringing everything Batman was supposed to be.

The Hoffman rumour definitely isn't true, since David Goyer already confirmed that neither the Penguin nor Catwoman was going to be in this movie, but who knows, anything can change.

I think the Nolan brothers and Goyer are going to wait the same 3 years that was between BB and TDK, maybe even more, but they will make a 3rd. I think that Two Face is going to return for the 3rd movie, and in all honesty, the Joker HAS to return also. I think the Nolans need to take a couple years to let people get a little comfortable with the idea that the Joker needs to be recast. The little mannerisms and ticks that Ledger created are always going to be his own, but the Joker HAS to return in the 3rd movie.

There is no logical or reasonable explanation that they're going to be able to come up with if they decide to not recast the Joker. You're going to have this guy come into Gotham and introduce complete chaos to the city, turn the citizens of Gotham against Batman and turn a hero beloved by all into a brutal villain...and then you're just not going to mention him again, hoping that everyone will just buy into him NOT being able to escape the Asylum?

No, Batman exists because The Joker exists, and now that they've been intertwined, you can't just end it there. They are too vital to the existence of the other.

Wait a couple of years, cast Johnny Depp or Daniel-Day Lewis to replace the Joker, and then give everyone about another year to calm down from the inevitable backlash before you even start filming.

I'm thinking Batman 3 will be like an everyone vs. Batman kind of movie. I look for Scarecrow, Joker, and Two Face to join forces to nearly burn Gotham to the ground, and in their desperation, Gotham will once again embrace Batman as their true hero.

At least that's how I'd write it, but I have complete and total faith in the Nolans and David Goyer.

I have now heard 2 people that didn't like the movie. ****, my GF's sister is a movie prude, she virtually hates everything that comes down the pipeline. She's had a few that are instant classics she's liked. She said this was the best movie she's ever seen, and that's a strong statement coming from her. She owns 4 movies on DVD, and she said this will be the next one she buys.

That said, I loved the movie. I don't think a better cast or a better score has ever been assembled. Ledger made the Joker his. The performance makes Nicholson's look like child's play to me. He made the Joker who the Joker is, and honestly, I don't think the character will be back, as much as Nolan wanted to bring him back before Ledger's fate. I, in all honesty, think the next one will revolve around one of two villains. Either Two-Face will come back, or there will be a new villain. That new villain, IMO, will be The Riddler. He'll be Mister Rees, the guy that tried to blackmail Bruce. (Mister Rees, mysteries, get it?) I know The Riddler, traditionally, has been Edward Nigma's alter ego, but I think they'll deviate from tradition some here. I do believe we've already met our next villain, but who it will be remains to be seen. That's my thoughts, in a nutshell.

I have now heard 2 people that didn't like the movie. ****, my GF's sister is a movie prude, she virtually hates everything that comes down the pipeline. She's had a few that are instant classics she's liked. She said this was the best movie she's ever seen, and that's a strong statement coming from her. She owns 4 movies on DVD, and she said this will be the next one she buys.

That said, I loved the movie. I don't think a better cast or a better score has ever been assembled. Ledger made the Joker his. The performance makes Nicholson's look like child's play to me. He made the Joker who the Joker is, and honestly, I don't think the character will be back, as much as Nolan wanted to bring him back before Ledger's fate. I, in all honesty, think the next one will revolve around one of two villains. Either Two-Face will come back, or there will be a new villain. That new villain, IMO, will be The Riddler. He'll be Mister Rees, the guy that tried to blackmail Bruce. (Mister Rees, mysteries, get it?) I know The Riddler, traditionally, has been Edward Nigma's alter ego, but I think they'll deviate from tradition some here. I do believe we've already met our next villain, but who it will be remains to be seen. That's my thoughts, in a nutshell.

They'd have gotten a better actor to play the Riddler than that guy, if he was going to be in the movie. Just as a side note, the guy who played Coleman Reese was in Iron Man too. I'd call that a great summer for an up-and-coming actor.

If anybody has seen Gotham Knight, you can assume that Killer Croc could be the next villain. Two face, joker and scarecrow are rotting in Arkham Asylum. They actually have a long ways to go because there was Mrs. Gordon and the future Bat girl was a pre teenager. We will see. I just know that they are bringing him along very nicely.