Coach Smith - Mic'd Up

It's amazing how different this looks than last year. I mean, conventional wisdom tells you that all training camps are fundamentally the same but Coach Smith clearly cares about these guys and the way he interacts with them is outstanding. It's not "you're my bestest friend" but it isn't "I hate you and hope you die out here" either.

Also, let's face it, Coach Smith is at the head of the new Safari Hat craze that's coming soon to a city near you.

That was awesome. Coach Smith really has a lot of energy and it looks like the players are having fun again. Clabo and Dahl look HUGE.

Ditto. I don't know how training camp looked last season, but I'm sure it wasn't anything like this.

Thanks to all in the new media dept. Great coverage.

:)

Nice to have a coach who gets it!

Last year nobody could hardly even come near the "so-called-coach" on the practice field... much less mic him.

It's going to be a fun football season!

Yeah, I'd like to play for him after hearing this. I was really impressed with how he knew everyone's first name. But what is it going to take to get Blank to become a ghost owner for a while? Blank, I love ya, thanks for buying the team and trying to make it something special, but come one man, get off the field. Give the new staff some time to become the men in control.

On another note, I'm wondering what silly hat day is going to look like.