Step Brothers is Terrible!

womfalcs3

I can't believe I wasted $6.75 plus tax and time on this crap.

I wanted to watch X-Files or Wall-E, but no. The friends with whom I went were favoring Step Brothers, so I went along. What a disgrace. This is a worse movie than most movies that go directly to DVD.

It's blasphemous, it's filled with constant cursing, and there's just way too much vulgarity. It relies on cursing to support its comedy, which is a sign of a failure. I was falling asleep! I only stayed awake because I was holding in gas.

I'm done. No more shall I acquiesce to movies I don't want to see. I don't care if I was the only one in the group to go see X-Files, or any unfavored movie.

Man, a rated R movie with lots of curising? What the **** is the world coming to!?!??!? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, that's WHY IT HAS A RATING. And a movie can have profanity and it not be a crutch. Like SuperBad or Knocked Up or Clerks. ...maybe not Clerks.

I can't believe I wasted $6.75 plus tax and time on this crap.

I wanted to watch X-Files or Wall-E, but no. The friends with whom I went were favoring Step Brothers, so I went along. What a disgrace. This is a worse movie than most movies that go directly to DVD.

It's blasphemous, it's filled with constant cursing, and there's just way too much vulgarity. It relies on cursing to support its comedy, which is a sign of a failure. I was falling asleep! I only stayed awake because I was holding in gas.

I'm done. No more shall I acquiesce to movies I don't want to see. I don't care if I was the only one in the group to go see X-Files, or any unfavored movie.

It's rated R. WTF did you expect??? Some of us like vulgar humor. Don't go into a R rated movie thinking it will be fun for the whole family.

It's rated R. WTF did you expect??? Some of us like vulgar humor. Don't go into a R rated movie thinking it will be fun for the whole family.

If the vulgarity wasn't the support and base of the comedy, I wouldn't have minded it. People laughed only when someone showed off private parts or when somebody cursed.

The plot SHOULD be the basis of the comedy, not the obscene aspects of the movie.

If the vulgarity wasn't the support and base of the comedy, I wouldn't have minded it. People laughed only when someone showed off private parts or when somebody cursed.

The plot SHOULD be the basis of the comedy, not the obscene aspects of the movie.

Perhaps because it's funny? If you don't like that kind of thing, you shouldn't have gone. People can make comedies however they want to.

You should already know its gonna have cursing in it....you just fail, the end.

The Departed had as much if not more cursing, but the plot, acting, and script were strong enough to sustain greatness. I loved The Departed.

Step Brothers didn't have that. It had a guy calling the other guy an obscenity and people laughing afterward.

The Departed had as much if not more cursing, but the plot, acting, and script were strong enough to sustain greatness. I loved The Departed.

Step Brothers didn't have that. It had a guy calling the other guy an obscenity and people laughing afterward.

The Departed isn't a comedy?

You're horrible at movies.

The Departed wasn't a comedy, but I used it to show that I don't mind heavy cursing in movies as long as the movies have strong plot, writing, and acting.

I went and saw it with my dad today, it really was absolutely ********. And I don't mean in a good way, either, I mean like I might have laughed like 3 times.

Will Ferrell is so annoyingly unfunny that it amazes me that he's as popular as he is.

Yup.

I didn't see Superbad, but when comedies need to rely on cursing and vulgarity in order to try to be funny, they're not good.

Womfalcs, comedy is dying. People are really into the whole low brow humor and stupidity that people like Will Ferrel encompass. I have to fight off the urge to tell someone how dumb they are for finding someone like him so funny.

No offense to anyone that likes Will Ferrel, but let's be honest; his version of "comedy" really is bottom of the barrel. Just look at how many movies he can make in rapid fire with people buying into that crap?