Bailout of reckless homeowners

I've recently been looking at houses and it's sick what I've been seeing. Some of the ones built in 2006-07 are complete ish holes. These owners that get foreclosed know they can't afford it, and I guess when the get the foreclosure notice, they get spiteful and start vandalizing and not cleaning up. I looked at one that was 4 BD, 3 BR, 2 car garage, acre and half of land, and a nice shed in the backyard for $99k.... I knew it was too good to be true. We go inside and there's holes in the walls, animal urine and feces everywhere, carpet torn up, holes in the floor and the house was barely a year old. These people are disgusting. They have no respect for anything.

Will the real nation of whiners please stand up.

I guess Phil Graham was right, except that it's his party that are the real whiners.

I am anti either party but please explain to me how you possibly think it is the governments responsibility to take the peoples tax dollars and redistribute them to the select few that was too dumb to realize they can't afford $1000 a month when they only make $1300

Yeah I don't belive in this at all - I bought a house about 8 months ago and it runs me $1116.41 a month and I made sure I could pay that before I bought it - and if I couldn't pay for it I'll be damned if I go to my government with a poor sob story of my ignorance

When I bought my condo in 2000, I can admit that I was totally clueless about mortgages, but when the realtor offered me an adjustable rate at the time even I knew that going with one of those was a bad idea.

I'd like to know what I'm paying up front each month with no surprises, you know?

I'm not for bailouts at all. However, things changed within the span of a few years. The economy is worse now, so some people can't afford the things they could a few years ago. That includes their house payments. I don't like bailouts and don't approve of them, but I understand the problem.

These people could have benefited from more education about the home buying process and the associated finances. Then again, it's hard to find a reliable source to get this information. Maybe they took more than they could handle. Also, the banks should share some responsibility, because they were tripping over themselves to give people loans for homes. Many of the people in the crisis now were not ready to buy a house (or at least the types of homes they did buy). It's just unfortunate. For right now, the government should just hold back aid. It'll force people into more affordable homes for their budgets.