based on afternoon practice, terry robiskie has my respect.

i have said robiskie is someone i did'nt know much about and i had wished to retain hue jackson for that role instead. after practice today, i am glad we have robiskie. he looks to have garnered all of the young recievers respect based simply on their improvement. i like the way he was coaching them on the field and i have NEVER seen the entire group catch and run routes as crisply as everyone did today. they all looked like joe horn. that said, the entire team looked great. robert james is the #2 SLB and looks fast. deke cooper and decoud were the 2nd srting safeties and stone looks to be in trouble as harris may now be battling adams who looked good at RCB. unlike houston, adams looks like he can tackle when the pads go on. its hard to judge line play, and thus unfair to judge QB play for the most part, but redman and ryan made some great plays. whether or not they would have had the time needed in a real game is another story. harrington looked so so. sometimes he made a play here and there and sometimes he took way too long and double clutched. unfortunately he pats the ball every time he throws. shockley looked pretty decent although still under throws his target a lot but made one of the more memorable long completions. the WR's looked great in 7 on 7's and 11 on 11's. i dont know how well mularkeys system will be against the other NFL defenses we will face but i strongly believe in the WR's ability to execute in the passing game. to his credit though the routes looked pretty sophisticated and most plays resulted in completions for all QB's and WR's. kinshita made me say sianara but the rest looked great. finneran did not practice and von huthins did not appear to be here. willie evans and chauncey davis each batted down a pass ryan and redman i think was the other. tony taylor had the only INT of the day on ryan. the OL held up really well giving up ZERO sacks. just kidding. but seriously i am looking forward to the games to see how we protect and rush the QB and how we run and defend the run. listori looked good catching, zinger looked good blocking and hartsock had a couple catches albeit not when the defenders were in there. milner did a nice impression of an airplane or maybe he was supposed to be a falcon. he was running to do strecthes on the far field with his arms stretched out like airplane wings. i pictured him saying, "weeeeeeeeeeee!"

Thanks for the info.

Yeah with all the talk about the running game, it's great to hear the passing game is shaping up nicely too. We have had really poor receiving until last year when it finally started improving. If ANY QB is gonna have success here it will take some decent WR's, especially with Crump, and his golden hands now long gone.

Sorry to hear that Finn didn't participate in this afternoon's training camp. He looked really good in the morning session: catching everything in sight and running well.

Hope this is simply following team medical directives and making a gradual increase in his work and not problems with his oft-injured body.

Guess we'll see tomorrow.

DATS MY BOY TONY TAYLOR!!!!! DA FUTURE IS HERE!!!

hows shockley looking. i heard it aint looking good for him, or was that just in the morning?

Hey GeorgiaFAN: check out my thread on the morning session for details about DJ.

But: please be seated when reading the post: it wasn't a pretty performance and I know how loyal you are to the guy.

finneran was on the field but he was wearing a falcons ball cap and actually threw some of the warm up passes to the other recievers. i'm sure it is just taking it slowly as you said. i did'nt know he practiced this morning.

blue adams is a CB released by cincy two days ago and signed by us yesterday. he played for smith before in JAX which i guess is why he was just thrown right in there. he looks like a hitter. i despise that about houston as he does not appear to have any clue or desire to put people on the ground.

whether we set up the run game with the pass or vice versa it does'nt matter as we will need to do both from one week to the next. taking what they give us i one thing i have wanted to see our offenses do for a log time. reeves used to infuriate me with his unwillingness or inability to adjust his game plan to counter what a defense is actually doing in a game. his scripted offense was predictable and boring. petrino's on the other hand was good in the air and sorry on the ground. i really hope mularky does well here regardless of what he has done in the pass. everyone can learn from their mistakes.

most people have high expectations for the OL based more on coaching than talent upgrade, and if today is any indication, we have no worries with our passing game IF protection holds up and mularkey keeps em guessing more often than not. i expect he will be better than the petrino offense that saw defences calling our plays before we said hike. i believe in ray hamilton to really get the most out of what he has on the DL which most would agree is limited. i dont know who coaches the secondary but i guess i expect the overall D to play well because of mike smith's influence. elam as we have said before gives us a legit K unlike last year, so all in all, i think brooking is right to say we are going to surprise some people.

Thanks to all for any info. I noticed last year that Houston trys too much arm tackling.
Keep in mind, the CB's last year had to play a lot of man to man and didn't get much help from the safeties, so arm tackles is the safest tackle possible in a man on man scheme. This year, we run a C2 where the safeties help the CB and Houston will learn to be more aggressive and he WILL start hitting.

Did you loose any of your post counts?

more than 6k, BUT IM happy the Board is acting great, and post count aint a big deal to me, since everyone knows that im a vet on this MB. B) and with the loss im still in the top 5. also i think they will migrate the posts in a few days, which happened when we did the first switch, which i was back to newbie.

more than 6k, BUT IM happy the Board is acting great, and post count aint a big deal to me, since everyone knows that im a vet on this MB. B) and with the loss im still in the top 5. also i think they will migrate the posts in a few days, which happened when we did the first switch, which i was back to newbie.

Considering you apparently have no life, you'll have those posts back by next week.