July 26 Morning Practice

Big Duke 6

Falcons morning practice July 26

The weather was great.Overcast,there was a couple hundred people.Mike Smith runs a tight ship.I havent seen such a fast pace at practice before.They start and reset very fast.There were a lot of V.I.P.s on the practice field.First day of camp I guess.One of the big questions going into camp is corner.Well let me tell you today Chris Houston had a great day.He was breaking up passes short,medium

and long.Very physical,he seemed much more confident.Coleman had a interception,it was a dep ball.He had the top and a corner had

the bottom.He ran it back a good distance.Overall I would say the secondary had a better day than the wideouts.

The special teams practiced blocking punts and fieldgoals.The were useing what looked like a volleyball.Ive never seen that one.D.J.

had a rough practice.The time was split even.All four quarterbacks were involved.Jennings made a great catch on a ryan pass on a out.

Rodd White had a couple that looked like he could have taken to the house after the catch.It did look like a early practice.Some missed coverages and the drops.Mularkey is definetly in charge of the offense.He was chewing some ears today.I wouldnt be surprised to see

more of Norwood than we expected.He was running more plays between the takles.Draws and counters mostly.For the most part it looked like they were getting their sealegs.

The weather was great.Overcast,there was a couple hundred people.Mike Smith runs a tight ship.I havent seen such a fast pace at practice before.They start and reset very fast.There were a lot of V.I.P.s on the practice field.First day of camp I guess.One of the big questions going into camp is corner.Well let me tell you today Chris Houston had a great day.He was breaking up passes short,medium

and long.Very physical,he seemed much more confident.Coleman had a interception,it was a dep ball.He had the top and a corner had

the bottom.He ran it back a good distance.Overall I would say the secondary had a better day than the wideouts.

The special teams practiced blocking punts and fieldgoals.The were useing what looked like a volleyball.Ive never seen that one.D.J.

had a rough practice.The time was split even.All four quarterbacks were involved.Jennings made a great catch on a ryan pass on a out.

Rodd White had a couple that looked like he could have taken to the house after the catch.It did look like a early practice.Some missed coverages and the drops.Mularkey is definetly in charge of the offense.He was chewing some ears today.I wouldnt be surprised to see

more of Norwood than we expected.He was running more plays between the takles.Draws and counters mostly.For the most part it looked like they were getting their sealegs.

How involved was Smith with the defense? Is he involved at all with the offense?

Smith was all over the defense when the units were seperated.Ovie wasnt involved with running but the were a lot of 2 back sets with him blocking.The TE was used a lot for hbak movement and blocking.Not sure how much is really what they will run but there were a lot of screens to the TEs.

thank you,

New falcon i read it, and it looks like DJ is getting better. give him time. he hasnt really praticed, and been out all last year, but he will bring up his game. B) Also you know that im a homer, and happy. TONY TAYLOR IS DA FUTURE!!! DJ CMON BRO you got this!!!

I have never thought of DJ as a accurate passer but he is effective.He needs a offense called to his strengths.......like all qbs do.I do think we might be expecting to much from lofton right out of the gate.He missed a asignment on a pass today.Smith corrected him,not a huge deal but he is a rooky.

Thanks for good report BigDuke. Wish I could've been able to watch on this obvious dog day type of weather. First day is always an ice breaker for the team especially the rookies. I am interested in the use of the "volleyball" though. When I played HS football we used to run loose ball drills with a basketball with water in it. Kind of like running after a chicken.

Great report though, keep 'em coming if you can! :)

Thanks for good report BigDuke. Wish I could've been able to watch on this obvious dog day type of weather. First day is always an ice breaker for the team especially the rookies. I am interested in the use of the "volleyball" though. When I played HS football we used to run loose ball drills with a basketball with water in it. Kind of like running after a chicken.

Great report though, keep 'em coming if you can! :)

I have never thought of DJ as a accurate passer but he is effective.He needs a offense called to his strengths.......like all qbs do.I do think we might be expecting to much from lofton right out of the gate.He missed a asignment on a pass today.Smith corrected him,not a huge deal but he is a rooky.

DJ really isnt. he will get you down the field and lead you to victory, but he aint an accurate passer. this system goes with his strengths.

TONY TAYLOR IS DA FUTURE!!!

610x.jpg

How did Jamaal Anderson look Duke??

You cant really get much out of practice without the pads as far as des are conernedThe volley ball thing was cool.They would have blockers up front and players jumping from the edges.There was a pad behind the line.They would try to block the volley balls being thrown from behind the line and land on the pad.