EXAMINE YOURSELVES

jjooee

Maybe any message of faith you try to publish would come across as more believable if you didn't paint whole groups of people with one brush and say " one side good one side idiots"

Hey now, I never quite worded it like that....anyway, both sides are seemingly idiots now....just a matter of degree.

jjooee, from what do you derive morality?

Well, the bible tells us that the heart is deceitfully wicked and only the Spirit of God can truly change someone and make them righteous. I don't think men should ever boast of any righteousness that they may have because it's not of their own. Man won't pursue God unless the Spirit draws him.

Left on his own to come up with his own morality or right and wrong, man is going to come up far far short of what God would have them to be.

Well, the bible tells us that the heart is deceitfully wicked and only the Spirit of God can truly change someone and make them righteous. I don't think men should ever boast of any righteousness that they may have because it's not of their own. Man won't pursue God unless the Spirit draws him.

Left on his own to come up with his own morality or right and wrong, man is going to come up far far short of what God would have them to be.

This is one small peeve of mine for which I truly despise religion. It's the hatred of man. That "the heart is deceitfully wicked", and that righteousness is not of our own volition. Religion drives to strip man from himself - that his actions of good are not his and that his actions of evil are completely his alone. It's a disgusting brainwashing attempt to remove a man's independence and make him a slave. And after all this, several religions try to pass a belief of free-will?

A human that has a tendency to do evil does not have this free-will. And if this human does not have a free-will, his actions are not his responsibility. Moral responsibility is broken down to choice. If there is no choice, there is no morality.

This is one small peeve of mine for which I truly despise religion. It's the hatred of man. That "the heart is deceitfully wicked", and that righteousness is not of our own volition. Religion drives to strip man from himself - that his actions of good are not his and that his actions of evil are completely his alone. It's a disgusting brainwashing attempt to remove a man's independence and make him a slave. And after all this, several religions try to pass a belief of free-will?

A human that has a tendency to do evil does not have this free-will. And if this human does not have a free-will, his actions are not his responsibility. Moral responsibility is broken down to choice. If there is no choice, there is no morality.

Well, the bible says that our lives are not our own and we were bought at a price....not only that but it also says...

"God opposes the proud

but gives grace to the humble"....

"let him who boasts, boast in the Lord"

We are not suppose to have pride in our righteousness......we are supposed to be a slave.

A slave to righteousness.

When the bible talks about God giving certain men over to their own mind and it's depravity, it means without God we are totally hopeless and lost.

The bible says that all things were created for him, through him and to him. We are supposed to thank Him for everything.

"owning this guy"???

Is this another example of an ego oriented mindset that says even in conversation there is a winner and a loser or someone above and someone below?

If not a winner or loser, there is always a course of action that can be deemed to be either rational or irrational. Reality is not a subjective chaos of part-truths and half-lies. There is a correct and incorrect.

I would ask you, what is wrong with self-interest? What are you so scared of? Don't give me a bible psalm, I know them. They aren't interesting, and it's not answering my question. From where do you derive your morality? Your sense of truth? God?

Then how can someone like me, or deathdawg even have a glimpse of moral righteousness? I do not believe in a god, and yet I adore truth. I am fiercely moral. Where am I deriving my morality?

If not a winner or loser, there is always a course of action that can be deemed to be either rational or irrational. Reality is not a subjective chaos of part-truths and half-lies. There is a correct and incorrect.

I would ask you, what is wrong with self-interest? What are you so scared of? Don't give me a bible psalm, I know them. They aren't interesting, and it's not answering my question. From where do you derive your morality? Your sense of truth? God?

Then how can someone like me, or deathdawg even have a glimpse of moral righteousness? I do not believe in a god, and yet I adore truth. I am fiercely moral. Where am I deriving my morality?

I think you derive your morality from the fact that we're all divine creations and if we're created in the image of God, it's a part of our consciousness.

I know you don't want a bible verse but Jesus did say

"I am the way, the truth and the life no man comes to the Father but by me"

One of the reasons Christians must be humble is because it's very easy to come off as prideful or a know it all when you speak of the truth......it's very very hard to do because Jesus' statements were so bold and forceful....has anyone ever made a more bolder statement than the one above ???

I think you derive your morality from the fact that we're all divine creations and if we're created in the image of God, it's a part of our consciousness.

I was not a divine creation. I was born from my mother and father. I'm human, nothing more.

I'd love for you to prove I was created in this god image. Seriously, I would.

Until you have something substantial though, I give it the same respect I give towards the existence of unicorns, dragons or leprechauns.

I know you don't want a bible verse but Jesus did say

"I am the way, the truth and the life no man comes to the Father but by me"

One of the reasons Christians must be humble is because it's very easy to come off as prideful or a know it all when you speak of the truth......it's very very hard to do because Jesus' statements were so bold and forceful....has anyone ever made a more bolder statement than the one above ???

Truth is a concept that is dictated by things like evidence, proof. Not this fantasy god-figure, whom you've never seen, touched, heard or felt. Supernatural are called supernatural because they are not natural. It is a contradiction to the metaphysical reality, and until it has a shroud of testable, physical evidence from which we can objectively judge it is an arbitrary idea. It has no reason for following. It's based on faith. I reject faith.

I'd love for you to even prove that this Jesus character even said such a thing. A religious text? Stop making me laugh.

And like Colonel Sanders said...

"I'm too drunk...to taste this chicken."

Stop saying Jesus said this and Jesus said that, you have no idea if he said any of that, you're just basing that one what some guys wrote in a book.

And yeah, The Egoist is definitely ripping you apart. You'd look better if you didn't derive all of your opinions from a book by quoting psalm after psalm. Think for yourself, you actually might find it pretty liberating.

And like Colonel Sanders said...

"I'm too drunk...to taste this chicken."

Stop saying Jesus said this and Jesus said that, you have no idea if he said any of that, you're just basing that one what some guys wrote in a book.

And yeah, The Egoist is definitely ripping you apart. You'd look better if you didn't derive all of your opinions from a book by quoting psalm after psalm. Think for yourself, you actually might find it pretty liberating.

Well, everyone has got to believe in something.

I know that it's not mans natural instinct to submit to much of anything but I do believe it is misguided to deny your Creator and God but as long as there is breath in you there is always hope, there's always a chance for anyone to have their "road to Damascus" moment.

God says....

"I will make the wise foolish

and the foolish wise"

I just pray I'm a fool being made wise other than a wise man who has yet to see his foolishness.

But as far as the wisdom of man is concerned you can always say someone is "getting ripped" ....lol....as you put it when the wisdom of the world is argued.

Well, the bible says that our lives are not our own and we were bought at a price....not only that but it also says...

"God opposes the proud

but gives grace to the humble"....

"let him who boasts, boast in the Lord"

We are not suppose to have pride in our righteousness......we are supposed to be a slave.

A slave to righteousness.

When the bible talks about God giving certain men over to their own mind and it's depravity, it means without God we are totally hopeless and lost.

The bible says that all things were created for him, through him and to him. We are supposed to thank Him for everything.

This little rant right here made me think that we are all just part of a Sim City run by God.

So, without this invisible man in the sky, we are all lost and hopeless? Your hilarious, I mean really. I'd pay to say you rant all this stuff in person, because I wouldn't be able to control myself and probably die in hysterics.

At least the last guy didn't seem like some kind of fanatic who loved to be someones slave-toy.