Jason Peters - disgruntled Bills O lineman

Bring It

Jason Peters is a rugged, talented Pro Bowl O lineman..........the ONLY Pro Bowl player picked last year from the Bills, yet he is the THIRD highest paid O lineman on the team. He wants a new contract.

I have no idea if he would fit TD's character parameters, but this dude can play, he's only 26 yrs. old, and will only get better.

Would he make us better ?? Oh **** yes !!

Probable ?? No, but it would be nice.

I wouldn't mind a reasonable trade for a young, healthy OL. There was also rumor that the Eagles were entertaining trades for Shawn Andrews.

As far as I can see, our OL is what might prevent us from being a top tier offense, provided also that Ryan turns out close to what we hope.

Jason Peters is a rugged, talented Pro Bowl O lineman..........the ONLY Pro Bowl player picked last year from the Bills, yet he is the THIRD highest paid O lineman on the team. He wants a new contract.

I have no idea if he would fit TD's character parameters, but this dude can play, he's only 26 yrs. old, and will only get better.

Would he make us better ?? Oh **** yes !!

Probable ?? No, but it would be nice.

The thing is.... are you willing to give him walter jones type money and trade a 2nd round pick

Here's the scoop on Peters

He is without question one of the two best young LT's in the game. The only LT I'd take over him right now is Joe Thomas. He's a terrific pas blocker and a great run blocker...pretty much everything you could ask for.

These are the problems:

Buffalo isnt going to trade him...they hold all the leverage in this and won't let him go after having him develop on their team.

We just traded a fairly large sum to move up for Baker. 2 second round picks would be a lot to give up for somebody we eventully moved to RT or inside to G.

One has to think that the Bills have an over inflated sense of worth of their players. Everyone knows they were shopping JP Losman during the offseason and couldnt get a buyer. With the QB situation what it is in a lot of places that tells me Buffalo was holding out for too much for Losman and couldnt complete the trade.

It would take at least a 1st and a 3rd to get Peters maybe more. I doubt TD is willing to move that much when we still have a lot of work to do on the team.

He wants about 8-11 million per year in this new deal. Thats a ton of money and even though he'd be worth it we would also be ham stringing ourselves in terms of cap space.

Long story short its not going to happen.

I am usually for pursuing talent like Peters, and I woud be ALL for it if we didnt draft sam baker. The reason the FO picked Sam Baker is because they think hes going to be a great LT. Personally, I have no idea and if I had to bet on it, I would say Baker wont be a pro bowl LT, but who cares what I think. Sam Baker was picked for a purpose and trading for a LT and giving up a draft pick and paying him top money for him wouldnt make much sense.

If we were to trade for a LG, RG, RT, C, I would completely understand. but whether you like it or not, Sam Baker was brought in to be the future LT of the falcons.

Again, not to compare Baker to Peters, but Baker just signed a 5 year contract for less than 15 mil?(idk) and if we sign Peters, we would be giving up a draft pick and paying him lets say 5 year contract for 45mil?

The only way I would be FOR this kind of trade is if coach smith and offensive line coach believes that Sam Baker can successfully play LG, RG, or RT.

He is without question one of the two best young LT's in the game. The only LT I'd take over him right now is Joe Thomas. He's a terrific pas blocker and a great run blocker...pretty much everything you could ask for.

These are the problems:

Buffalo isnt going to trade him...they hold all the leverage in this and won't let him go after having him develop on their team.

We just traded a fairly large sum to move up for Baker. 2 second round picks would be a lot to give up for somebody we eventully moved to RT or inside to G.

One has to think that the Bills have an over inflated sense of worth of their players. Everyone knows they were shopping JP Losman during the offseason and couldnt get a buyer. With the QB situation what it is in a lot of places that tells me Buffalo was holding out for too much for Losman and couldnt complete the trade.

It would take at least a 1st and a 3rd to get Peters maybe more. I doubt TD is willing to move that much when we still have a lot of work to do on the team.

He wants about 8-11 million per year in this new deal. Thats a ton of money and even though he'd be worth it we would also be ham stringing ourselves in terms of cap space.

I agree........ Sam Baker can turn out to be a franchise LT.... we dont know yet.......plus its no way in the world the bills would trade him

Great player still on a rookie contract that pays him like the back-up TE he was drafted as. Be great if we could get him but the salary and trade value is too rich for us.

Thats not true he actually was given a new deal about a year and a half ago. He was an UFA but is now making about 3.5 million. I agree the trade value alone puts him out of our sights

Thats not true he actually was given a new deal about a year and a half ago. He was an UFA but is now making about 3.5 million. I agree the trade value alone puts him out of our sights

The thing thats so frustraing about Jason Peters is that dude was a UDFA and a Practice Squad guy.... He is now one of the best LT in the game

But yea.....hope Harvey Dahl turn out to be a gem like Tyson Clabo

These are the problems:

You never know what can happen behind TD's closed door.

But..............I must agree that it's doubtful.

Good food for thought.