Hawks sign Maurice Evans

Remarkable

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/h...ress_evans.html

This is a very good signing and really eases the pain of losing Childress. Evans is a better defender and shooter than Chill. Now if we could finally get Smith locked up and find one more big off the bench (Kwame?) then I'll feel a lot better about the upcoming season.

[/quote

You want Kwame Brown in a Hawks uniform ? You have got to be kidding !

You want Kwame Brown in a Hawks uniform ? You have got to be kidding !

Kwame Brown would be a very good bench player for us. He's a solid post defender and he's capable of having good games scoring and/or rebounding. There's still always the chance he finds some of that stuff scouts saw when he was drafted first overall.

Kwame Brown would be a very good bench player for us. He's a solid post defender and he's capable of having good games scoring and/or rebounding. There's still always the chance he finds some of that stuff scouts saw when he was drafted first overall.

Kwaaaame Brown..... God Bless Him... IS A SCRUB....

lol that never gets old even though i dislike Stephen A Smith.

All jokes aside i think he would be a solid pickup.

Kwaaaame Brown..... God Bless Him... IS A SCRUB....

lol that never gets old even though i dislike Stephen A Smith.

All jokes aside i think he would be a solid pickup.

Well it looks like it won't be happening now , the Pistons just signed him to a 2 year contract .

Give me Randolph Morris over Kwame anyday of the week.

I also like the Evans over Childress signing. Childress just played the game the right way but at the same time he priced himself out of Atlanta. We could pay that much for a 6th man when we have to be thinking about the future.

If you put a 2nd round draft pick next to Kwame's name I doubt most people still have problem with him. He'll never live up to his selection, but he can be a useful player. Better than Morris.

And Childress may have played the game the right way on the offensive end, but defensively he'll give coaches fits. He can't get around screens, he leaves his man wide open, he leaks out every chance he gets, he doesn't care about defensive rebounding.

If you put a 2nd round draft pick next to Kwame's name I doubt most people still have problem with him. He'll never live up to his selection, but he can be a useful player. Better than Morris.

And Childress may have played the game the right way on the offensive end, but defensively he'll give coaches fits. He can't get around screens, he leaves his man wide open, he leaks out every chance he gets, he doesn't care about defensive rebounding.

Actually what I was meaning is that he played the off-season game right. He found the team that would pay him the most. As for his on the court game he had a nose for the ball and he could play without the ball which is a rarity in the league. His ability to get offensive putbacks was amazing.