what a bummer

nobkowski

almost 5,000 posts, sig, and avatar, password etc And the new board will make it more difficultt to get the sig and avatar on board. but I do like the look of it. And there are others who have lost thousands and thousands and thousands of posts, including the mini-mods. So I'm not as bad off as others. <_<

i think sac lost like 100,000 posts. i didnt lose any, and i think im one of the only ones. whenever i post though i dont gain any, and i dont think anyone else does either. plus my avater isnt working. i tried to add a new one and it still didnt work. :(

they are probably still working on the kinks.

Yeah I lost about 600 posts too. Not nearly as bad as some, but still... :unsure:

I was finally going to make it to 1000, which I was very proud of. After being a member for about 3 years, I had finally made it to a point where I could post more regularly. So, I lost only 550, but that was over a long period of time. I feel like I just blew my life savings at Vegas on my first table. :angry:

i think sac lost like 100,000 posts. i didnt lose any, and i think im one of the only ones. whenever i post though i dont gain any, and i dont think anyone else does either. plus my avater isnt working. i tried to add a new one and it still didnt work. :(

I'm with you man, I don't think I lost any. Not that it would have bothered me if I did.

Sac is who is was thinking about when I posted.

I had to get a complete new account, and over the two migrations, I've lost nearly 3,000 posts. But if the new boards actually work right, I don't care. What I want more than my post count are the ACTUAL POSTS/THREADS themselves. So much discussion has been lost.

BOSS, I DIDN'T LOSE ANY THIS TIME. BUT ON THE LAST CHANGE I LOST 1500. ARE THEY GOING TO PUT THE AVATER BACK IN? OR ARE WE SUPPOSE TO DO IT? I'VE TRIED LIKE YOU AND....... NO GO!

BOSS, I DIDN'T LOSE ANY THIS TIME. BUT ON THE LAST CHANGE I LOST 1500. ARE THEY GOING TO PUT THE AVATER BACK IN? OR ARE WE SUPPOSE TO DO IT? I'VE TRIED LIKE YOU AND....... NO GO!

not sure rev. im assuming they are still working on the new MB and hopefully we will be able to get them back shortly. :mellow:

i have also noticed that whenever we all post our post counts dont go up. mine has stayed the same and i've posted at least 15 times on the new MB.

OK...I usually have a lot of patience, but where the heck is my BLOG?????

It isn't like I keep hard copies... is there any chance that it can be salvaged, along with all of the other things? I really don't care one rats rear end about post count, but some things are orignial content and not easily replicated.

To say that the migration has been 'complete' may indicate that the IT people think that they completed the technical aspect of moving from one framework to another; however, when you lose signatures/photos/blogs and God knows what else: that is not acceptable.

Also: we seem to have regressed on the appearance of bold italics and underscores: they previously appeared in draft messages as intended and not as HTML or whatever....

Finally: if there were plans to do this 'migration' in advance: we users should have been notified so that we could have made backups or hard copies of things that were important, in case you lost some of them...NOT THAT SOMETHING LIKE THAT WOULD EVER HAPPEN.....

If someone who worked for me performed a migration in this way, without advance notice to users and with so many items missing post-migration: they would at least be working OT to get them corrected or they would be looking for another job.

There may, in fact, be many nice benefits that came from this migration; however, I'm unhappy at the moment and the IT staff needs to take the necessary steps to make appropriate corrections ASAP.

Sorry for the rant, but there is such a thing as QA and user acceptance testing that seems to have been absent here.

The only good thing about this screw up is that we seem to have lost about 10,000 DJ Shockley threads.......

not sure rev. im assuming they are still working on the new MB and hopefully we will be able to get them back shortly. :mellow:

i have also noticed that whenever we all post our post counts dont go up. mine has stayed the same and i've posted at least 15 times on the new MB.

I NOTICED THE COUNT STAYS THE SAME. HOPEFULLY THEY'LL GET THE BUGS OUT. I JUST GOT MY AVATAR BACK ON. IT TOOK ME AN HOUR.

I was finally going to make it to 1000, which I was very proud of. After being a member for about 3 years, I had finally made it to a point where I could post more regularly. So, I lost only 550, but that was over a long period of time. I feel like I just blew my life savings at Vegas on my first table. :angry:

DON'T GIVE UP! YOU MIGHT GET THEM BACK WHEN THE DUST SETTLES ....... I HOPE YOU DO!

OK, I had the post count earlier. I lost 1,000 from the first conversion and now 1,600 from the second. There just post counts but it makes no sense how it was there and now it is not both after the conversion.

I guess if people care about their post cred they can look at their Member No which is a lot more honest than those that jam in 100 posts a day of nonsense just to up their post count as if they will win something.