Braves at Phillies

For those that made it over, big series for the Braves starts tonight. Sweep 'em, and the Braves are most likely going to be going after Xavier Nady and maybe a pitcher. Lose the series, and Mark Teixeira is GONE.

No Chipper for tonight. Tex is hitting 3rd, followed by McCann, and Mark Kotsay in the 5th spot. Omar Infante gets the start at 3B.

I guess the other "big" news of the night is that Mike Hampton is scheduled to start tomorrow afternoon's game. I think we all know what's going to happen with that one.

Go Braves!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm.....Joe Simpson just said that recent rumors involve Jason Bay being traded to the Braves. That would be interesting. I don't see it happening, especially after Buster Olney said that the asking price for Bay has been extremely high.

I don't know the status of his contract, but if he was under our control for a few more years, I could definitely live with Bay patrolling LF for us.

I guess our plans could change (or stay the same) after this series.

Jair Jurrjens is pitching tremendously.

It looks like he's done for the night, but an 8 inning, 3 hit shutout for a rookie against one of the best hitting teams in all of baseball is just ridiculous.

And kudos to the Braves' defense so far tonight. Omar, Yunel, Tex, and Jair have all made awesome plays.

Hmmmm.....Joe Simpson just said that recent rumors involve Jason Bay being traded to the Braves. That would be interesting. I don't see it happening, especially after Buster Olney said that the asking price for Bay has been extremely high.

I don't know the status of his contract, but if he was under our control for a few more years, I could definitely live with Bay patrolling LF for us.

I guess our plans could change (or stay the same) after this series.

Bay is under contract for the next couple of years, and could easily be re-signed.

Added to the Nady trade, the other team is the Yankees.

Before Friday night's game against the Phillies, many of the Braves players were asking whether Jason Bay was going to be one of their teammates at some point this weekend. On Thursday night, some of them were under the impression that a deal with the Pirates was imminent.

In fact one player said he had expected to wake up on Friday and learn the deal was complete.

But like fans, players can be as easily duped by the many rumors that will fly this week.

When asked on Friday night, the Braves said they weren't close to making a deal for Bay.

Still as Braves GM Frank Wren continues his search for a power bat, Bay remains a definite candidate.

Added to the Nady trade, the other team is the Yankees.

Before Friday night's game against the Phillies, many of the Braves players were asking whether Jason Bay was going to be one of their teammates at some point this weekend. On Thursday night, some of them were under the impression that a deal with the Pirates was imminent.

In fact one player said he had expected to wake up on Friday and learn the deal was complete.

But like fans, players can be as easily duped by the many rumors that will fly this week.

When asked on Friday night, the Braves said they weren't close to making a deal for Bay.

Still as Braves GM Frank Wren continues his search for a power bat, Bay remains a definite candidate.

Interesting.....

I hadn't heard any rumors about Bay to the Braves. Buster Olney was saying that the Pirates' asking price was outrageous for both he and Nady.

I would love to have him under our control for a few years. Stick him in LF, and we have our replacement for the loss of Tex.

To be honest, even if we do end up trading some guys and are sellers, I wouldn't mind getting Bay for the next couple years. We haven't had a really good offensive LF in quite some time, and he'd be a great addition to this lineup.

I agree. Just as long as Heyward or Hanson (Heyward especially) aren't involved. They can have one of Gorkys or Schafer (if they even need them), and any of our young pitchers in A ball.