Signings

ancient raptor

According to Orland Ledbetter - AJC- we have signed Lofton today. Now if we can also sign Baker by tomorrow morning and sigh Grady in time to get him in playing shape in the nest 6 weeks, I will feel better about both Ol & DL.

Now, it is also in the front page of the web. Only one to go. :D

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Atlanta Falcons first round (21st overall) draft selection, offensive lineman Sam Baker, has agreed to terms on a contract and will be present at the team’s first training camp practice tomorrow morning.

Baker, 6-5, 312 pounds, became only the third three-time All-America first-team selection in University of Southern California history after starting 49 of 52 games in his Trojan career. He registered 197 career knockdown blocks while allowing just 4.5 sacks in USC’s last 889 passing plays.

The Falcons traded with the Washington Redskins and moved back into the first round of the 2008 NFL Draft to obtain Baker. Atlanta also included two of their second round selections and a fourth round pick in the deal.

Baker is the final Falcons rookie to join the team and Atlanta will have all 11 draft picks present on the first day of Russell Falcons Training Camp which will be held tomorrow, July 26, at the team’s Flowery Branch headquarters. The first practice of a two-a-day slate will begin at 8:30 a.m. The afternoon practice will start at 3:45 p.m. and both sessions are open to the public.

Great job McKay for getting this done.

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Atlanta Falcons first round (21st overall) draft selection, offensive lineman Sam Baker, has agreed to terms on a contract and will be present at the team’s first training camp practice tomorrow morning.

Baker, 6-5, 312 pounds, became only the third three-time All-America first-team selection in University of Southern California history after starting 49 of 52 games in his Trojan career. He registered 197 career knockdown blocks while allowing just 4.5 sacks in USC’s last 889 passing plays.

The Falcons traded with the Washington Redskins and moved back into the first round of the 2008 NFL Draft to obtain Baker. Atlanta also included two of their second round selections and a fourth round pick in the deal.

Baker is the final Falcons rookie to join the team and Atlanta will have all 11 draft picks present on the first day of Russell Falcons Training Camp which will be held tomorrow, July 26, at the team’s Flowery Branch headquarters. The first practice of a two-a-day slate will begin at 8:30 a.m. The afternoon practice will start at 3:45 p.m. and both sessions are open to the public.

Great job McKay for getting this done.

Um... i don't know if you are stuck in the past or what.. but don't give the props to McKay... he would've found a way to screw it up if he did it... you should be thanking the new regime... TD

Um... i don't know if you are stuck in the past or what.. but don't give the props to McKay... he would've found a way to screw it up if he did it... you should be thanking the new regime... TD

Umm, I don't know if you are aware or not but McKay is a former attorney who has a wealth of experience in the NFL and understands contracts and negotiations very well. Do you seriously, no really, think a former college scout (TD) is the primary person negotiating multi million dollar contracts? McKay obviously was not a good talent evaluator but let's not confuse the two functions. I realize McKay is the whipping boy for previous drafts because everybody is smart in hindsight but there are far too many people who think they understand contract negotiations when they don't have the slightest idea of what the CBA is or it's abscence.

I am always looking forward, perhaps you should also. McKay is no longer in charge of personnel and Petrino is no longer here. ;)